UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 11:23:32 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Let's talk Servo motors
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Let's talk Servo motors  ( 7254 )
boyfalldown

: 22

« #15 : July 23, 2011, 03:57:36 PM »

Mike, are you saying that your tripping the main breaker in your shop if you turn on your clutch motor while the ac is running?

DC servo motors don't load up and draw more current at start up like ac clutch motors do, so you shouldn't have the breaker popping issue. I'm on the road for the next week otherwise I'd throw an amp clamp on my servo and my clutch motors and give you real current draw numbers at startup and wide open.

Low voltage raises current (amps), which makes heat that trips your breakers. If you have any electrician friends you could have them wire in a buck boost transformer in front of your power panel to give you more voltage and more headroom on your breaker.
« : July 23, 2011, 04:00:36 PM boyfalldown »
Mike8560

« #16 : July 23, 2011, 06:44:51 PM »

Mike, are you saying that your tripping the main breaker in your shop if you turn on your clutch motor

not the main breaker  but the ac and Maine plug and a ligbt I'd on one breaker
« : July 23, 2011, 06:48:37 PM Mike8560 »
boyfalldown

: 22

« #17 : July 23, 2011, 08:22:43 PM »

Do you have an extension cord on your sewing machine or ac unit?
Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

« #18 : July 23, 2011, 09:56:43 PM »

Standard clutch motors require the most power at startup cor sure.  I have no idea the comparison between clutch startup and an active running servo at all.
Mike8560

« #19 : July 23, 2011, 10:53:42 PM »

Do you have an extension cord on your sewing machine or ac unit?
no just wall
plug
Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

« #20 : July 24, 2011, 02:00:29 PM »

Bobbin,

I'm surprised the Relaible motor you have is noisy.  Usually they are a quiet running motor, really.  I wonder if the motor pulley is not getting hung up, or it could be defective. 

I'll send an email again and make a recommendation, if I may.

bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #21 : July 27, 2011, 01:43:22 PM »

Gregg, I've had 2 e-mails bounced back to me... please tell me my e-mail addy isn't "spam".  OUCH, you are cruel, man!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines