UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 10:13:24 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  M Bobbin's
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4
: M Bobbin's  ( 15640 )
christwo

: 98

« #15 : August 19, 2011, 01:14:07 PM »

He juki LU does the u stand  for u  bobbins?
The LU-562/3 uses a G bobbin. If im not mistaken the 1508 uses an M.

every mountain begins with a rock, that's why theres rock bottom, before the top.
Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

« #16 : August 19, 2011, 03:21:40 PM »

He juki LU does the u stand  for u  bobbins?
The LU-562/3 uses a G bobbin. If im not mistaken the 1508 uses an M.

LU-562 uses "G" prewound bobbin size
LU-563 & LU-1508 series uses "U" prewound bobbin size
« : August 19, 2011, 03:24:31 PM Gregg @ Keystone Sewing »
scottymc
YaBB God

: 524

« #17 : August 19, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »

BOBBIN WINDING PARTIES AAARRG  ::)
Come on, sitting down and specifically winding a heap of bobbin defies logic. Going to the trouble of making something to wind bobbins when there is a bobbin winder sitting next to your machine,MADNESS!!!!

Do you sit there and watch the thread wind onto the bobbin? Well I s'pose it might be therapeutic. ;)
« : August 19, 2011, 04:15:49 PM scottymc »
christwo

« #18 : August 19, 2011, 04:56:57 PM »

Thanks Gregg, I did know better about the 563, but was completly mistaken in the 1508.  :-X

every mountain begins with a rock, that's why theres rock bottom, before the top.
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4451

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #19 : August 19, 2011, 05:25:42 PM »

Come on, sitting down and specifically winding a heap of bobbin defies logic.
Why do you think they sell 'em by the 100?
If you're gonna just wind one while you're sewing, why would you ever need more than 2?
I'm a "Bobbin winding party animal" myself. But I can't really see the need for a seperate apparatus dedicated solely to that purpose.
I completely de-thread the machine, raise the foot, and wind my @$$ off.
Periodically, I'll dab some oil on the bobbin case while it's spinning full blast.
I use this time to oil other portals, too.
While sewing, if I encounter some thread that's being cantankerous, it goes straight to my "Bobbins Only" shelf.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
Mojo
YaBB God

: 4178

I'm Always In Trouble

« #20 : August 19, 2011, 05:29:55 PM »

Come on, sitting down and specifically winding a heap of bobbin defies logic.
Why do you think they sell 'em by the 100?
If you're gonna just wind one while you're sewing, why would you ever need more than 2?
I'm a "Bobbin winding party animal" myself. But I can't really see the need for a seperate apparatus dedicated solely to that purpose.
I completely de-thread the machine, raise the foot, and wind my @$$ off.
Periodically, I'll dab some oil on the bobbin case while it's spinning full blast.
I use this time to oil other portals, too.
While sewing, if I encounter some thread that's being cantankerous, it goes straight to my "Bobbins Only" shelf.

This is exactly what I do. Verbatim. Except I crank up the stereo and grab me a tall cold glass of Diet Coke and then go to town on the bobbins. :)

Chris
sofadoc
YaBB God

« #21 : August 19, 2011, 05:48:50 PM »

This is exactly what I do. Verbatim. Except I crank up the stereo and grab me a tall cold glass of Diet Coke and then go to town on the bobbins.
I don't know what changed me, but in the last few years I've gravitated over to Diet Pepsi. It's funny, I hated Pepsi as a kid.

scottymc
YaBB God

« #22 : August 19, 2011, 07:02:36 PM »

Yes , but your machine runs twice as long(it could be winding while you work) so that's twice the electricity and twice the wear and tear on your machine and you are turning something that is just a part of sewing into a specific time consuming job.
I only have a half a dozen bobbins for each machine, of course they sell them by the hundred, there seems to be demand for it.
sofadoc
YaBB God

« #23 : August 19, 2011, 08:37:47 PM »

Yes , but your machine runs twice as long(it could be winding while you work)
I look at it differently. I view it as being productive while resting. :D
Anyway, at this juncture in my life, I'm really not interested in maximizing my productivity. Sure, I might save 10 minutes a day by winding as I go. But that will be easily offset by the 20 minutes I spend on the crossword puzzle. Or the hour I take off just because I can.
I'm amused by the ones who come on here trying to figure out a way to account for every last fraction of an hour spent on a job.
C'mon people!! The reason that I'm self-employed is so I don't have to worry about someone standing behind me tapping their watch.
I had my first Juki over 25 years. The one I have now will probably be here when I'm gone, so I'm not too terribly worried about wear and tear.
Another reason, I have a lot of different color spools, but I don't always have 2 spools of every color, so I can't always wind while I sew.

slodat

: 36

« #24 : August 20, 2011, 03:20:46 AM »

I bought a stand alone bobbin winder. Works good..

scottymc
YaBB God

« #25 : August 20, 2011, 03:38:15 AM »

I bought a stand alone bobbin winder. Works good..

That looks so good. I'm gunna sell all my machines and just get one of those.
sofadoc
YaBB God

« #26 : August 20, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »

I'm think I'll get me one too. But I'm going to rig it to my sewing machine, so that it ONLY winds while I'm sewing. :D

christwo

« #27 : August 20, 2011, 11:39:48 AM »

Ha, classic.

Darren Henry
YaBB God

: 5630

some days are better than others

« #28 : August 20, 2011, 01:01:17 PM »

I'm with Scottymc. I've always had a bobbin winder mounted to the table and wind as I go.

In my former life I worked for a guy who had a speed reducer on his harness machine that prohibited winding as you go.What a drudge loading bobbins with a cordless drill every time I needed to sew that much leather. I have the same complaint about my patcher.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
scottymc
YaBB God

« #29 : August 20, 2011, 03:48:20 PM »

I'm think I'll get me one too. But I'm going to rig it to my sewing machine, so that it ONLY winds while I'm sewing. :D
I've sold all my sewing machine, Darren gave me an idea. I am going to make up up attachment that converts a cordless drill into a sewing machine and another attachment for winding bobbins. I'll be sell it as a package with a 1000 bobbins and an instructional dvd, on ebay of course. This will ultimately fund my real money spinner, a computer program. Virtual bobbin winding, you can put it on your iphone and take it on holidays with you, I know I will, as I will make so much money out of this I'll never have to sew again. :P   
: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines