UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 04:07:22 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  How'd You Do That???
| | | |-+  Staple Gun Maintenance
« previous next »
: [1]
: Staple Gun Maintenance  ( 3250 )
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2618

North Central Florida

« : October 22, 2011, 09:59:54 AM »

I ordered a case of Bea staples from my supplier. The staples have an unusually large amount of glue holding them together. This glue was building up on the driver bar to the point that it would cause the gun to malfunction.

The fix was easy. Simply remove the the large screw on the top of the plunger chamber and remove the plunger. Take fine sand paper, 150 grit or less, and sand the drive bar smooth. Remove all build up till the bar is nice and shinny again. While I had it apart I wiped it down with a rag and added a few drops of oil.

I put it back together and now its as good as new.   

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

: 1912

"By hammer and hand, all arts do stand."

« #1 : October 22, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »

Ha.  Where I buy staples they are marketed as liquor [sic] coated.

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2618

North Central Florida

« #2 : October 22, 2011, 08:35:49 PM »

I've used many different types of staples over the years including lacquer finish. I never really understood the difference between the steel staples and the coated ones. Do the coated staples eliminate the jamming problem I described. Can someone please explain.

But then again liquor coated may solve all my problems. I wonder if you can lick the liquor off the coated staples.
« : October 22, 2011, 08:48:55 PM kodydog »

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines