UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:57:34 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  How'd You Do That???
| | | |-+  Fixing Springs
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fixing Springs  ( 3156 )
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2619

North Central Florida

« : December 17, 2011, 08:54:29 PM »

Many months back someone asked about fixing springs that were hanging out the bottom of a chair. Normally I would say its time to reupholster the chair and fix the springs the way they should be. That is to reweb the bottom and retie the top of the springs.

Every once in a while I get a customer who just wants the springs stuffed back up into the chair and no matter what I say, doesn't want the expense to do it right.

This customer is 84 years old, shes the mother of a friend of ours and she has more (good) jobs to do. Here's what I do.

This is the mess I started with,

First I striped the old burlap off. When I did I found thin straps holding the springs together with hog rings instead of the usual 8-way hand tied.

Next I 4-way tie the bottom of the springs to hold them in place and pull them down somewhat.

Then I web the bottom and pull everything tight.

Its a neat old chair but could use some TLC.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
bigredneck

: 3

« #1 : February 22, 2013, 07:24:10 PM »

Nice post. Thanks for the info.

Upholstery done part time for past 30 years.
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines