UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 11:44:25 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  dash recover
« previous next »
: [1]
: dash recover  ( 1936 )
Vtool

: 45

« : January 15, 2012, 11:40:59 PM »

Has anyone recovered a dash pad ? this is for a honda. just wanted some tips. I have it stipped. plan on using heat gun and  steamer for vinyl.
SHHR

: 481

« #1 : January 16, 2012, 07:13:32 AM »

I've covered many. Lot's of heat, patience, tugging, and a very stretchy material. On any tight right angles like around the gauge areas, you'll do good to pattern and sew a seam there for any sharp transitions. certainly a good leather or high stretch vinyl will conform , but sometimes the seam improves looks and saves aggravation too.
Kyle
TheHogRing

: 236

« #2 : January 17, 2012, 02:31:42 AM »

Check out this site, it'll walk you through the process: http://www.justdashes.com/71_olds_dash.php

Best of luck Vtool. No doubt you'll do a great job!
« : January 17, 2012, 02:33:10 AM TheHogRing »

TheHogRing.com is the #1 online community for auto upholstery professionals and enthusiasts. Here you can search for a job, browse pictures of car interiors, read news about the auto trim industry and connect with others who share your passion for auto upholstery.
ncydmn

: 153

« #3 : January 20, 2012, 09:01:02 PM »

Well that vacuum machine and oven to heat the vinyl would be awesome, but for those of us without here is the way I have to do them.  good luck!!

http://roykeithclassics.com/Dash_Pad_Repair.html           

When you get where your going,
Do you know where you'll be?
TheHogRing

: 236

« #4 : January 21, 2012, 12:00:27 AM »

NCYDMN, great job on that dash! We'd love to feature it on The Hog Ring just as we did our gel pad "how to". Please let us know if that's okay - and/or if you'd like to add or change anything. You can email us off this list forum by visiting our website and clicking on the mail icon in the top right of the homepage.

Thanks!

TheHogRing.com is the #1 online community for auto upholstery professionals and enthusiasts. Here you can search for a job, browse pictures of car interiors, read news about the auto trim industry and connect with others who share your passion for auto upholstery.
Vtool

: 45

« #5 : January 21, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »

thanks for the info . this will be for my own personal car. I also purchased a freehand cutter, that hog ring had mentioned on his site. that is a neat tool. I hope to put a unique design on my dash. this car will be a example of my work for potential customers. thanks again folks. Vtool
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines