UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2019, 02:19:47 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+ My Community
|-+ General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+ General Discussion
| | |-+ What I saw in the Marina today....
« previous next »
: [1]
: What I saw in the Marina today....  ( 4179 )
Grebo
YaBB God

: 2021

From the Costa Del Wotsit. Espania

« : January 27, 2012, 09:13:06 AM »

That takes some 'dedication' what you can't see is on the pontoon is a pile of gear laid out for drying complete with a stack of charts.
I have no idea where to or from they are sailing, but it's all decked out for distance, solar panels, gps etc.
BTW there are two people sailing it  :o

Suzi
« : January 27, 2012, 10:03:47 AM Grebo »

Mike
YaBB God

: 2910

Marine canvas & upholstery SWFL

« #1 : January 27, 2012, 02:20:49 PM »

not for me, you guys have palm trees hey

RocketmanMH1

: 94

« #2 : January 27, 2012, 03:09:46 PM »

How much do you guys pay for gasoline over there? At A Marina I mean.
« : January 27, 2012, 03:14:38 PM RocketmanMH1 »

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."
bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #3 : January 27, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »

Looks like a pretty cozy arrangement, to me. 
fragged8
Global Moderator
YaBB God

: 2140

I didn't do it nobody saw me do it , prove it !!

« #4 : January 27, 2012, 06:02:56 PM »

that boat looks like a stitch and glue plywood canoe ???

not for me  :o

CreativeCanvas

: 71

Englewood Florida Purveyors of fine marine canvas

« #5 : January 27, 2012, 07:05:45 PM »

Yikes! Nah, not for me. Remember my Dad going through a brief sailing phase when I was growing up. Thankfully he got better ...

"Always do sober what you say you'll do drunk. That'll teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Ernest Hemmingway
JuneC
YaBB God

: 3996

« #6 : January 27, 2012, 09:50:33 PM »

When my dad was a harbor-master and I was a teen, we saw all manner of vessel come through on all sorts of journeys.  Remember "The Dove" (Robin Lee Graham's round-the-world solo trip)? He came in one day near the end of his journey when I was a young child.  Odd fellow.  He was very withdrawn by that time.  I guess talking to dolphins, sea gulls and yourself takes a toll.  I also remember a couple "doing the Caribbean" on a 14' Hobie Cat - they had a tent pitched on the trampoline - must have been at least 5 x 6 feet.  They were writing a book.  So many adventurers out there.  I envy them sometimes. 

June

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields
CreativeCanvas

: 71

Englewood Florida Purveyors of fine marine canvas

« #7 : January 27, 2012, 10:57:32 PM »

Dating myself but Tinkerbelle is a great story too. No not the Disney fairy. The 13ft sailboat that crossed the Atlantic back in '65. I 'member we had a cat named after her ...

"Always do sober what you say you'll do drunk. That'll teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Ernest Hemmingway
Darren Henry
YaBB God

: 5651

some days are better than others

« #8 : January 29, 2012, 09:24:44 AM »

I wouldn't cross the big traverse (south end of Lake of the Woods--- wide open,no islands,and shallow---nasty waves by comparison to the rest of the lake) in that much boat.

Four beer in him maybe Peppy'd tackle the Great lakes in it. 8)

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
Grebo
YaBB God

« #9 : January 30, 2012, 05:05:11 AM »

I still have the book June  :-[  'The Dove'

Diesel is currently 1.42 per litre, don't know the rate for marine as it's only available for commercial boats.
Sorry you meant Petrol ? don't know off hand will have a look next time.

Suzi

Mike
YaBB God

« #10 : January 30, 2012, 12:51:33 PM »

that odd only commercial diesels  your out of luck june, cant go to Spain

bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #11 : January 30, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »

I read "Dove" when I was freshman in HS.  I liked it and thought his 'rents must've been pretty cool.  It was a class called "Escape Literature", and it was a welcome diversion for a bright kid relocated to a mediocre school system in the middle of nowhere.  I quickly learned to immerse myself in books for "escape" and the travel and adventure that wasn't available to me at that time... James Michener was a favorite. 
kodydog
YaBB God

: 3208

North Central Florida

« #12 : January 30, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »

I've read several Michener books. My favorite is Chesapeake. The thing with old James is half way through you ask, will this book ever end. Then toward the end you say, I wish this book would never end.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
Grebo
YaBB God

« #13 : January 31, 2012, 04:00:34 AM »

that odd only commercial diesels  your out of luck june, cant go to Spain

Did I say that right  ::)
Diesel is available to boats but it's the same price & grade as the car pumps, unless you are registered as commercial then you get 'red' or agricultural grade, which is usually cheap as chips.

Suzi

Mike
YaBB God

« #14 : February 01, 2012, 08:10:54 AM »

couldn't see any large yachts going over if they couldn't fuel up

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines