UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 26, 2019, 05:35:04 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The "GREEN" Room!
| | | |-+  Turkish chair upholstery
« previous next »
: [1]
: Turkish chair upholstery  ( 2790 )
WOLFCRX

: 51

Bakersfield, California

« : February 08, 2012, 01:15:40 AM »

This is the first Turkish chair I have done, I had seen 3 done when I was a teenager and had a firm grasp how to upholster them correctly. The customer had me do the chair in part because I was the only shop they went to that knew what it was.

Before:

After:

There was about 30-35 hours of hand sewing and tufting involved in this chair.

Here are all the pictures of this chair, sorry for the poor picture quality but I was using my cell phone.
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc49/wolfcrx/Furniture%20I%20upholstered/Turkish%20chair/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Doug
fingers

: 85

I'm a llama!

« #1 : February 08, 2012, 06:24:14 AM »

First rate Doug. How many needles did you go through?
WOLFCRX

: 51

Bakersfield, California

« #2 : February 08, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »

I'm sure I lost quite a few that held it all in place while I was sewing it but I did not break any curved needles I was using, I used about 4 different sizes and I'm sure a couple have gotten dull due to this chair. :D

Doug
alge

« #3 : March 29, 2012, 04:00:18 PM »

Really sweet job Doug, we have a style of metal frame that requires a similar hand stitched approach in Britain. Very difficult and time consuming, I dont think i could have matched you on time.

alex
bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #4 : March 31, 2012, 03:59:03 PM »

I am in awe.  I have one similar in my "library".  It was given to me by someone who knew I loved cool furniture.  I've looked at it longingly for years now, but know I must first "cut my teeth" on more basic projects. 

When I finally screw up the courage to "have at it" I certainly hope you will be there to offer your manifest skill. 

Beautiful work. 
mike802
YaBB God

: 1307

I'm a llama!

« #5 : April 04, 2012, 08:37:15 AM »

Great looking work Doug, my fingers get sore just looking at all those buttons LOL

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines