UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2019, 09:29:19 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  therapy
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: therapy  ( 7470 )
lc

: 321

Out with the new crappy furniture/In with the old

« #15 : March 01, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »

Ahhhh ! don't be scared at least you know if your hurtin your still alive . hee hee

Glad to know I am not with a bunch of youngons ....mind you I don't think there are many young upholsterers ...hope they step up to the plate soon before we croak..we need someone to carry on our trade...
I have my son helps in the shop a bit he aches within a few hours !! ha ha he ain't as tough as his ole mom was . errr.. is ..,,kind of sort of

Elsie
gene
YaBB God

: 3184

« #16 : March 01, 2012, 10:37:23 PM »

I have bladder problems. I'm going to start wearing boots at work so I don't get piss all over the floor any more.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4545

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #17 : March 01, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »

I have bladder problems. I'm going to start wearing boots at work so I don't get piss all over the floor any more.
But what will you do when the boots are full? I'm from Texas. So I'm not sure how you would empty them.

Is anyone else noticing that no matter what the topic, the subject always seems to come back around to piss?

My cat crawled into one of my boots the other day. I didn't know how to pour puss out of a boot.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
sofadoc
YaBB God

« #18 : March 01, 2012, 11:36:53 PM »

I don't think there are many young upholsterers ...hope they step up to the plate soon before we croak..we need someone to carry on our trade
A travelling salesman tells me that "In EVERY town that I go to, when the upholsterer dies......no one takes his place."

lc

« #19 : March 02, 2012, 07:41:01 AM »

We have a little saying here

An upholsterer never dies ...he simply 'recovers !  har har

Elsie
Grebo
YaBB God

: 2021

From the Costa Del Wotsit. Espania

« #20 : March 02, 2012, 07:54:30 AM »

I'm a mere 50 yrs old. Ya'll are scarin' the heck outta me  :o

I better say nuttin about age then  :-X

Suzi

kodydog
YaBB God

: 3195

North Central Florida

« #21 : March 02, 2012, 08:37:55 AM »

I turned 54 Jan. 31. The spring of '57 musta been REALLY boring. :D

Or exciting. Depends on how our parents looked at it.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

: 1925

"By hammer and hand, all arts do stand."

« #22 : March 02, 2012, 01:29:21 PM »

Before my father died, he and my sisters were somehow discussion my sibling's ages.    This was normally my mom's job, but she had been gone for a year.   He could remember my one sister's birthday because it was on his 30th birthday, but never referenced back and forth from there.

Anyway, he finally said, "Keith had to have been born in 1951 because there was the blizzard of Nov. 1950 that shut the town down for days."   My sisters said they both blushed.

Of course, this was something I had figured out while in elementary school after seeing some of the photos of the snow.
« : March 02, 2012, 01:30:17 PM byhammerandhand »

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #23 : March 02, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »

Fun thread. 

At 53  (February; was born in a terrible ice storm in '59) I have developed a few nagging aches and pains in recent years.  I see a chiropractor routinely and do the prescribed exercises.  I make an effort to get out for extended walks with that fool dog (talk about cheap "therapy", lol). 

I have been really thinking about working "smarter" recently.  Things like work benches at a comfortable height, sewing machine benches and sewing chairs at the proper heights (this is "big" in factory settings but frequently overlooked in Mom&Pop shops), and not spending extended time on your knees or bent over at the waist.   Simpler things, like sharp shears, using the hot knife, getting up and stretching every couple of hours. 

All those things are not routine when I'm "workin' for the man", but they are part of the equation when I'm working in my own shop.  When I work at home I never have to spend an entire day stuffing cushions and working foam into the far crannies of cushions.  Ever! but after I finish cutting the foam (on the floor, on my hands and knees) "the man" requires me to then stuff the cushions... .  Breaking up the hard part of the work is not permitted.  It's really so foolish, when the long view is considered. 

Work smarter, not harder. 
sofadoc
YaBB God

« #24 : March 02, 2012, 08:34:30 PM »

What makes me feel old, is that on the day I was born, the #1 song was "At The Hop"  by Danny and the Juniors.

You can check out yours here:
http://www.joshhosler.biz/

kodydog
YaBB God

: 3195

North Central Florida

« #25 : March 02, 2012, 10:44:38 PM »

Mine would be, Don't/ I Beg of You - Elvis Presley. I'm not even sure how that goes. And I'm to cheap to pay $.99 to see. Guess my birth day was a dud.
« : March 02, 2012, 10:47:32 PM kodydog »

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
west coast

: 182

I'm a llama!

« #26 : March 04, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »

At 57 I have started working out every morning at 430. Mon Wed Fri I do 45 minutes of weights and the other three I do 20 minutes of cardio and Sunday is a rest day. We are eating right taking the appropriate vitamins and especially glucosamine condroitin. The later is good for the arthritic joints and I can say with all the changes we have made including once a month visit to the Chiropractor I feel alot better.I have lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks which is always good for the knees and the old pump. It is hard to get going and keep the routine going but once its established it just becomes another routine in your daily life. The other side bonus is there are 42 people in this challenge each one throwing in 30 bucks winner takes all, I`m going to win and take my long suffering wife on a holiday. 8)
lc

« #27 : March 05, 2012, 08:32:10 AM »

Exercise is a good thing ., I do a lot with running up and down the stairs all day and going for a walk down to the end of the road to the mail box .
I was so bad with my knee with the pain my husband told me to try the Glucosamine ...I was skeptical at first but I could take the pain and finally caved ..I wished I had started taking it years ago !

Funny eh ? My old dog Brody couldn't jump up into the truck he was slowing down on us. The vet had us try him on the Glucosamine and it has worked wonders ! He can hop in the truck no problem now.
Duhhh I should have picked up on that eh !?

This Dr. Mom highly recommends it !

Elsie
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines