UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2019, 01:06:16 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Can someone PLEASE give me some advice on how to upholster this chair?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Can someone PLEASE give me some advice on how to upholster this chair?  ( 1331 )
tiffanefields

: 11

« : April 24, 2012, 11:20:25 AM »

A customer gave me this chair to reupholster for her, but she does not want any tufting on the inside back and seat. She wants those areas to be smooth, nothing fancy. Can someone please give me some advice on rebuilding this chair. Click on the link below to view the chair:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77566622@N05/7109900877/in/photostream

Thanks in advance!
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4545

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #1 : April 24, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »

I would advise against trying to do the inside back without some buttons. You don't necessarily have to do deep tufting, but it looks like you'll need some buttons to hold the contour of the back.

Once you've stripped down the inside back, you may find it possible to split it into 3 sections (2 wings, and a center section) if the framework allows. The chair may have had separate wing panels originally.

The seat should be easy, once you've re-tied the springs and added padding.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
DBR1957

: 252

« #2 : April 24, 2012, 03:43:06 PM »

Don't do residential furniture but i would equate that chair to a barrel seat in a
boat.

Looks like you will need a seam at each wing. I think the trick is to pull the back
center section tight top to bottom first then tension outward.

It might also depend on what material used. Some are more forgiving than others.
tiffanefields

: 11

« #3 : April 24, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »

Thanks for the helpful advice guys.
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines