UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 10, 2020, 04:31:46 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Which webbing for perimeter of boat cover?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Which webbing for perimeter of boat cover?  ( 2683 )
Pegasus2007

: 146

« : June 13, 2012, 07:25:20 AM »

Hello everyone!  Things are going great up here in Maine!  I have a question.  I am duplicating a pontoon boat cover and they bound in webbing around the perimeter and installed their snaps through that.  What webbing would you suggest using for this application?  I have only been using one inch nylon webbing, mostly for bimini straps, etc.  Thanks for your help! Russell.
JuneC
YaBB God

: 3996

« #1 : June 13, 2012, 08:03:56 PM »

I don't use webbing - typically I use a self-facing of whatever canvas the cover is.  But, if I were going to, it would be polyester (NOT polypropylene).  TriVantage sells a 1" polyester webbing.  As I recall, it only comes in white or black.

June

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields
SHHR

: 481

« #2 : June 13, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »

There's a lot around here with 1" poly webbing. Don't use nylon, it most likely wouldn't last a couple of seasons at best.
Mike
YaBB God

: 2912

Marine canvas & upholstery SWFL

« #3 : June 13, 2012, 10:27:32 PM »

I use polywebbing dont use nulon i did. Once and it shrunk somthing bad

Did you see the link i found for you eith thoose backrest support bars from great lakes skipper ?

Pegasus2007

« #4 : June 14, 2012, 05:45:00 AM »

Yes Mike, I did get that link.  Thanks for helping me out with that.  We've been so busy though, that I haven't been able to work on my own boat projects!  I hate it when that happens!  :P
Pegasus2007

« #5 : June 14, 2012, 06:23:37 PM »

I think we're going to forget the webbing and do what we usually do instead.  We usually make hems or facings and turn them.  That seems to be a pretty good way to do it although I have no doubt that it's faster binding the webbing in instead.
Mike
YaBB God

: 2912

Marine canvas & upholstery SWFL

« #6 : June 14, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »

I bought a pair of thoose supprts aldo pegasus i want to make a backrest for my leaning post. Havnt done it yet maybe this weekend.

scarab29

: 499

« #7 : June 15, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »

I use poly webbing from tri vantage also. usually 2 in on a cockpit cover. Wont shrink and makes it real easy going on when binding the edge. Ditch the nylon for marine , no webbing , thread , it will rot fast !!

duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines