UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2018, 06:35:15 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Switching Lazy Boy handle from one side to the other
« previous next »
: [1]
: Switching Lazy Boy handle from one side to the other  ( 3953 )
Stephen

: 154

An upholsterer since 1966

« : November 17, 2012, 10:26:55 AM »

Have any of you switched the handle on a LaZBoy recliner from one side to the other side? I had a visitor to Upholstery Resource website ask if that was possible. Apparently he is going to have an operation in the near future and it would be very helpful for him to have the handle switched to the other side.
I have an old LazyBoy recliner at home. I closely inspected the mechanisms and the handle. It looks like it might be possible. I'm just wondering if anyone has actually done if. I have written out a set of instructions that I think would work. LazyBoy Recliner: Changing the Handle to the Other Side. Could you look the article over and see if it seems workable?

Thanks.
Best Wishes,
Stephen

west coast

: 182

I'm a llama!

« #1 : November 18, 2012, 05:32:11 PM »

I have done a few of them but man its a pain in the butt. I should say that I`m a LZB tech and they have been my specialty for almost 30 years so I do know my way around them but switching the handle is a chore. The last person that asked me to do one got refused because they are so time consuming you just can`t charge enough in my humble opinion. The one trick that I have used when pulling a drive shaft is to mark the pins and drive shaft with a sharpie so you get the drive shaft back in with the proper rotation. 1/4 of a turn in the wrong direction will lead to hours of head scratching. Take pictures print them out and put them beside your chair. Oh and good luck!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines