UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2018, 12:15:15 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Sewing how hard can it be?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sewing how hard can it be?  ( 1164 )
Mike
YaBB God

: 2900

Marine canvas & upholstery SWFL

« : May 24, 2013, 06:34:00 AM »

I read this a a forum. A guy was lookkng for   New cushions for a patio  deck seat.
 Today, 03:35 AM
HarborRat
     befriend

403 posts, read 130,133 times

If you are handy enough to wall-fish cat6 and patient enough to crimp the ends on I'm sure you can handle a little sewing. Buy some cheap oversize cushions and modify them down to size. I saw a few big old sewing machines for under $10 at the Bargain Barn in North Port last week ....but you can do that job by hand with a little fishing braid as thread.

Real men know how to sew. Boat seats, sails, convertible tops and chairs only though......

Mojo
YaBB God

: 4154

I'm Always In Trouble

« #1 : May 24, 2013, 08:57:18 AM »

Mike:

believe it or not I inspected the toppers on a quad slide bus. I asked the owner " who re-sewed these toppers for you ". He proudly told me " I did ". What did you use for thread ?

Ready for this ?????????

Dental Floss.................... The guy actually went and bought a huge roll of dental floss and sewed them using a hooked needle.........LOL......:)

Just when I think I have seen and heard it all someone comes along and knocks me off my feet. The funny part is that the dental floss held very well for a couple years.

Chris
JuneC
YaBB God

: 3996

« #2 : May 24, 2013, 09:18:26 AM »

The funny part is that the dental floss held very well for a couple years.

Chris

Dental floss will outlast polyester thread.  Most of it is a PTEF fiber like Tenara and Solarfix.

June

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4415

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #3 : May 24, 2013, 02:28:36 PM »

Dental floss will outlast polyester thread.  Most of it is a PTEF fiber like Tenara and Solarfix.
Tenara is too expensive..........I floss with 69 nylon :D

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
hdflame
Administrator
YaBB God

: 1507

"Quality is not expensive, it's PRICELESS!"

« #4 : May 24, 2013, 03:00:03 PM »

Tenara is too expensive..........I floss with 69 nylon :D

That's funny, I don't care who you are!

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines