UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2018, 04:34:35 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Calling All Furniture People
« previous next »
: [1]
: Calling All Furniture People  ( 990 )
Mojo
YaBB God

: 4150

I'm Always In Trouble

« : June 18, 2013, 08:17:20 PM »

Hi Gang:

Just wondering if ya'll could look at this chair and tell me how the back is attached.
I have an idea but am not quite sure and wanted to check with you experts.

Here is the chair:  http://s181.photobucket.com/user/throgmartin/media/CoachChair_zps7638a632.jpg.html

Thanks everyone,

Chris
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4411

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #1 : June 18, 2013, 08:28:38 PM »

Either the fabric is stapled into a groove, then the welt cord is glued over it.

OR

The inside back is a separate board that is shot on with finishing nails (right through the front of the fabric).

OR

The inside back panel is attached from the rear with screws and dowel plugs.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2874

North Central Florida

« #2 : June 18, 2013, 08:42:26 PM »

If you don't see any plugs on the outside back that hide the screws take a screw driver and gently pry between the welt and wood. May even want to use something to protect the wood. See if you can pry loose the panel held tight with finish nails.

If that doesn't work it is probably Sofas first suggestion. See if you can pull the welt cord out with a pair of pliers and you will see the staples inside a grove. These staples are hard to get out but not impossible. Good luck Mojo.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
Mojo
YaBB God

: 4150

I'm Always In Trouble

« #3 : June 18, 2013, 09:55:55 PM »

Thanks guys. I passed the info on to a customer who wanted to give it a try of re-doing this chair. But it will help me as well because I need to redo my own soon.

Thanks again. I kind of figured they would hide the screws under the welt but wasn't completely sure so wanted to check with you experts.

Chris

papasage
YaBB God

: 1400

« #4 : June 25, 2013, 08:21:17 PM »

what sofadock said. just did a set like that . took the cane out  put a fabric in  the back  facing the back  aded a 1 in foam and put another pice over the foam and stapled it in the groove  added a double welt to cover the edge insted of a single. the spline was to much trouble to take out

just recovering 40 years
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines