UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2018, 03:21:00 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  'nother new toy
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: 'nother new toy  ( 4442 )
baileyuph

« #15 : July 23, 2013, 07:29:43 AM »

That machine looks like new, hardly any use.

It is labeled as a cloth cutter, so does that lead to the thinking that a knife blade is for cloth and a spinning disc blade is the choice for vinyl?  My little hand held cutter is a spinning disc. 

There should be some thinking that if there is a tooth blade option for the machine, it would be a very good foam saw.  It has options for longer blades, that would probably make it even more interesting should someone want to go in that direction.

I am not knowledgeable of this type of equipment to really appreciate how it is so effective with cloth, with only one blade.  Anyone understand how the machine, with a single blade is so effective on cloth?  Or does the sharp blade reciprocate with a support behind the blade?  Reciprocates in a recessed support behind it? 

So much to understand in this business.

Years ago, when starting in the business, the business owner had a cutter very similar and he used it to cut woven plastic roll goods.  That was a material sort of like what is seen on fold up lawn chairs.  It worked!  He could cut a few layers at a time, maybe four or more?

Are we learning?

Doyle
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4451

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #16 : July 23, 2013, 10:18:26 AM »

There should be some thinking that if there is a tooth blade option for the machine, it would be a very good foam saw.
It's actually the smoothest foam cutter I've ever seen. But since this one only has a 6" blade, you realistically only have enough clearance to cut foam up to 4" thick:

BTW The only reason that I'm pulling the foam back through the cutter, is because it's easier to do it that way while holding a camera.

Bobbin referred to it as a "stack cutter". So I assume it's designed for bulk cutting of stacked layers of fabric.
I really don't do much "stack cutting".

For $100, I'm glad I bought it. But at $550 for a new one, I don't think I'd get my money's worth out of it.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
DDandJ

: 105

« #17 : July 23, 2013, 11:24:08 AM »

Your cutter looks like the cutters that my dad used in his garment factory.  Those cutters would cut through ALOT of garment fabric.  I kick myself now for not going to the auction when the factory closed.  Dad said those cutters went for nothing.  I always suspected they would have been perfect for cutting foam.

I'd love to have a Bosch, but I could never justify the price.  I'd love to find a used one.  I bought one of the EZ foam cutters from this website and it's okay.  The blades go dull pretty quick.  They are the serated blades like in a turkey knife.

bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #18 : July 25, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »

I'd love a Bosch foam cutter, too, but don't cut enough to justify the price.  I bought the Acu Cutter 500 from this site and I love it.  Both blades move (like the Bosch).  I lube 'em up with silicone spray and "get the job done".  I keep it clean and lubed.  LOVE IT!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines