UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2020, 01:08:22 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Seat cover "J" channel
« previous next »
: [1]
: Seat cover "J" channel  ( 1803 )
Rich
YaBB God

: 1125

I'm a llama!

« : October 22, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »

I have an old card with actual samples of extruded plastic "J" channel which is used at the bottom edge of automotive seat covers to secure it to the lip in the bottom of the seat frame. I called Three Rivers supply in Homestead PA and was told that they can get about 8 or 9 different styles. I was wondering if anyone knows of another source where I might find different profiles.
Thanks,
Rich

Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!
Rich
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« #1 : October 24, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »

Well, either nobody knows anyone who carries it or nobody knows what I'm talking about!
Rich

Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!
baileyuph

« #2 : October 24, 2013, 08:21:01 PM »

Rich I keep a few strips of that instock which I get from suppliers who cater primarily to
auto people.

During rework of a job, sometimes the old stuff can be used on the redo.  It is strong stuff and will be good for another round, usually.

Doyle
Rich
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« #3 : October 25, 2013, 06:05:39 AM »

Actually Doyle, I don't want it for auto seat cover use, I'm making a cover where this type of plastic channel would be perfect to attach the cover to a metal rail.
Rich

baileyuph

« #4 : October 25, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »

Rich, something close to you, Miami Rubber should sell the same long strips we buy in my area. I am sure it is available on the East Coast from an auto trim supplier.  Did you google yet?

Doyle
JuneC
YaBB God

: 3996

« #5 : October 25, 2013, 10:13:25 AM »

$60 for 100 feet - or $1.25 a foot...

http://www.atrim.com/Page105.html

June

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields
Rich
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« #6 : October 29, 2013, 08:19:55 PM »

I hadn't checked this post for a few days-thanks for the suggestions!
Rich

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines