UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 05:07:57 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+ My Community
|-+ General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+ General Discussion
| | |-+ The "GREEN" Room!
| | | |-+ Sofa mesh spring unit
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sofa mesh spring unit  ( 1091 )
biutze

: 1

« : January 15, 2014, 04:06:13 PM »

Hi all,

I'm new here and more importantly new to upholstery. In the last few days I went through the various topics but cannot find the answer to my problem. I'm reupholstering an old sofa (why not start with a complicated one) and the mesh spring unit is not in its best condition. The springs are not as firm as used to be. I was wondering what would be the best option without investing in a new spring unit (it's over 150)

- replacing the mesh unit with Pirelli/other stretch webbing (I don't think it will be cheap at all)
- Nail on some stretch webbing over the top of the mesh unit
- put a 3"-5" thick very firm foam on the top of the mesh unit (in one peace)
- ?

Here is the sofa:

mesh unit dims: 30" x 51"

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Bela
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2618

North Central Florida

« #1 : February 07, 2014, 11:01:13 PM »

Bela, if your still out there please respond. I think your post got missed by all of us because of the "Room" your in. Try again in "general discussion" and I'm sure you will get many responses. Good luck.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines