UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2019, 07:09:04 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  pontoon back cover + zipper
« previous next »
: [1]
: pontoon back cover + zipper  ( 787 )
Judy_Boat

: 51

« : April 14, 2014, 09:11:59 AM »

Customer would like to have a zipper put in the back frame pocket on their pontoon boat canvas. Frame is 108" wide at that point.

The zipper would help make it easy to remove the frame from the canvas. My question is will this weaken the pocket holding the frame so that when a gust of wind comes along the zipper teeth will pop open. There is a great deal of tension in the fabric at those back upper corners of the pontoon cover.
Mike
YaBB God

: 2909

Marine canvas & upholstery SWFL

« #1 : April 14, 2014, 08:06:05 PM »

yes I amost always have zippered pockets all the pocket need the zipper nit just the rear there shouldn't bee to much tention just enough but perhaps he has a vinyl top and it has shunk

MinUph
YaBB God

: 2256

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #2 : April 14, 2014, 08:28:40 PM »

Just be sure to use a canvas sized zipper. Mike can tell us the size.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
timtheboatguy

: 360

« #3 : April 15, 2014, 08:50:37 AM »

You shouldn't have any problems with a YKK #10 auto locking zipper. I usually split the pocket in the middle and use two zippers rather than one long one. Mr. Mike would be the expert on this. :)

http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur
Mike
YaBB God

: 2909

Marine canvas & upholstery SWFL

« #4 : April 15, 2014, 11:22:10 AM »

Yes #10 or 8. I use 2 also and start at the ends of the pocket and end in the center. This way the zipper wont creep open and have a loose side flapping in the wind if you dont use a locking zipper that can be a problem for the owner doen the line   They may think its stuck amd force it.
« : April 15, 2014, 11:22:57 AM Mike »

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines