UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 12:05:41 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Senco Parts
« previous next »
: [1]
: Senco Parts  ( 2646 )
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2963

North Central Florida

« : April 19, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »

Anybody ever do business with this company,
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/senco-stapler-parts-c-117621_117623.html

I took my staple gun to a local business who specializes in Senco equipment. After 3 weeks I called them and asked what was the prognosis. They told me the gun is obsolete and they could not get parts. This is the same business I bought the gun from 17 years ago. (Should a gun be obsolete that fast)?

The problem with the gun is the driver will not retreat back into the chamber. I figure its a seal problem so I went online and found the above company.

I've never rebuilt a gun before but there web site has the complete diagram for my model. I ordered every seal I could find and all for under $40. They said they would have them out in about 3 weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4451

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #1 : April 19, 2014, 10:07:27 PM »

I bought a complete o ring kit for my BEA from:
www.theoringstore.com

What I liked about it was, the o rings came taped to the diagram with arrows pointing to exactly where each one goes.

I've never rebuilt a Senco, but I've rebuilt Fasco and BEA with no trouble at all.
« : April 20, 2014, 08:51:50 AM sofadoc »

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1324

« #2 : April 20, 2014, 06:24:11 AM »

I had a duo fast that was over 23 years old.  When it went bad - same thing - no parts available but I think I got my money's worth after 23 years so no complaints.  I set out to find a new gun that used the staples I had in stock.  Check out Numax - I bought 2 new guns from them - prices were very good as well as the service.

SA
kodydog
YaBB God

North Central Florida

« #3 : April 20, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »

21 years is a long time Steve. I feel lucky if my gun lasts over 10.

Just went to the O Ring Store and found the kit for my malfunctioning BeA. $7 is a good deal. Thanks Sofa.

SteveA
YaBB God

: 1324

« #4 : April 20, 2014, 10:43:52 AM »

Kody the part that went bad on my gun was the steel slide that pushes the staple.  The weld dislodged from the crown piece to the slide or else I would have had it repaired - the part I needed was no longer made. 
The new guns are real nice - they are lighter and have a slightly longer nose. 

I'm helping cook today - really more of a critic than anything else.  She's not reacting to the bait - smarter than me in every way.  Almost time for a beer - hope I make it to the lamb ! 
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

: 1925

"By hammer and hand, all arts do stand."

« #5 : April 20, 2014, 01:38:37 PM »

I have never used ereplacementparts because I have a couple of local repair shops that carry whatever I've ever needed for my woodworking tools, or they can get something that works.

But it has a good reputation with the tool junkies in the woodworking community.

BTW, on May 7th, I'm going to a product presentation / demo by Senco corporate (which is here in town).    If anyone has any questions, let me know and I'll raise my hand.
« : April 20, 2014, 01:45:07 PM byhammerandhand »

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
chrisberry12

: 151

« #6 : April 23, 2014, 09:23:21 PM »

Kody,

post a picture of the gun, I might have replacements for you. I have one of the old guns I started with in 1980 and it was used then. I have a case of staples and a couple replacement kits. I will double check and come back tomorrow sometime with kit number for you
kodydog
YaBB God

North Central Florida

« #7 : May 09, 2014, 08:33:55 PM »

Thanks Chris I'll keep this in mind.

I received the parts and replaced the seals. Two seals left over apparently not for my gun. # 59 & 60 on this diagram,
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/senco-sjs-fine-wire-stapler-parts-c-117621_117623_117757.html

The gun fires better but still misfires occasionally. The piston now retreats back into the cylinder but sometimes not fully. This causes the gun to fire without a staple. Grr. I stuck my finger inside the cylinder and can feel ridges. From 15 years of wear I guess. The cylinder is made of plastic and replaceable but obsolete. Rather than spending good money after bad I think I'll just junk it.

As far as ereplacementparts.com their service was exceptional.
« : May 09, 2014, 08:35:47 PM kodydog »

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines