UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 06:27:26 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The "GREEN" Room!
| | | |-+  My Sons VW BUS
« previous next »
: [1]
: My Sons VW BUS  ( 1299 )
BlueFlamingo

: 58

« : June 04, 2014, 01:59:55 PM »

2 years ago I restored a 1961 Lonestar Boat.  Being a COB I decided to teach myself to do Upholstery and save the quoted $1,800 costs.  I did a decent job, far from perfect, learned a lot using an Old Morse Home Machine so my son asked me to attempt to upholster his VW Bus.  

Again,  Being a COB, we used Donor Couch Foam from Craigslist for the cushions but over all I think it all came out pretty good.  What do you all think.  I bought  a Tacsew 20U Zig Zag that I  restored for $200.

« : June 04, 2014, 02:10:47 PM BlueFlamingo »
BlueFlamingo

« #1 : June 04, 2014, 03:02:15 PM »

So then, my Daughter had to get in the Act.  She found this chair at a Thrift store

for $30 bucks and wanted to know if I would help her re-upholster it.  I told her that was totally different than doing boats and cars but...You KNOW how Fathers are with their little girls soooo... we started...

I didn't have a clue what I was getting into.  I found some videos on line on how to recover a wing back chair.  She did not want to keep the flop down cushions on the back so we modified it to a single cushion and again used foam from a donor Couch from craigslist.  The final product came out fairly well.
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2615

North Central Florida

« #2 : June 05, 2014, 11:45:23 AM »

Nice bus. I often thought it would be cool to fix up a vintage van like that to make pick-ups and deliveries. Something customers would not soon forget.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
Mike
YaBB God

: 2899

Marine canvas & upholstery SWFL

« #3 : June 07, 2014, 06:05:44 PM »

nice classic boat where are you  BF?

BlueFlamingo

« #4 : June 08, 2014, 06:50:37 PM »

Mike,

I'm in Broken Arrow, OK. I've been admiring your work and learning a LOT from your pics and posts.  I hope to learn a lot more as I continue to peruse the forum.  I hope to be able to pic your brain as needed when I get more projects to do.  I will be retiring in a couple of years and plan to try to do more upholstery work then.  I really enjoy it and would like to learn more about it.  I now have an old Rex 11-155R Walking Foot and it really is nice.  If you read this would you have any idea why the REX works fine with #56 Thread but with #138 When I adjust the bobbin and the upper tension to accomodate the  heavier thread it makes loops on the bottom and shreds the thred and when I try to reverse it breaks.  It sews a beautiful stitch with the #56 thread.  I took it to a pro repair shop for a tune up and they adjusted it and replaced the upper beehive tension spring to get it to work perfectly with the #56.  I've toyed with the Bobbin and the upper tension with no luck.  You got any Tips/Tricks of the trade that might help???

« : June 09, 2014, 08:37:15 PM BlueFlamingo »
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines