UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2019, 01:06:40 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Now This is Amazing
« previous next »
: [1]
: Now This is Amazing  ( 748 )
Mojo
YaBB God

: 4285

I'm Always In Trouble

« : September 19, 2014, 10:29:07 AM »

I am working on my last order. I do not have any others nor have I did any quotes this week.

I do not remember the last time this happened. Am I scared ? Not yet. Actually I am loving it. Seems good to have some free time to get some honey do projects done.

I believe I am in that twilight zone right now where orders dry up and it is the calm before the storm. I am sure crap will hit the fan real soon once the Yankee Doodle Dandy's head our way for the winter. :)

This is the reason why I have not hired part time help. It is these slow times that scare me off from hiring someone and then having to tell them " sorry, I have no work for you this week or the week after ".

Anyone else suffering a slow down right now ?

Chris
kodydog
YaBB God

: 3195

North Central Florida

« #1 : September 19, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »

Full steam ahead up here.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4545

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #2 : September 19, 2014, 11:45:06 AM »

I've been nervous a few times over the years, when business mysteriously slows down all at once.

I've never completely run out of work, but I HAVE found myself doing piddly little jobs that I would've normally considered "beneath me" on a few occasions.

Then, just when I get waist deep in piddly jobs, the meaningful work starts pouring in.

Like you, I never sweat the slow-downs any more. The work always starts coming back in.

One thing that has ALWAYS dumbfounded me.........when I go on vacation, I transfer the business phone to my cell phone so I won't miss any potential business while I'm gone. I swear, I can be gone a week, and my cell only rings 2 or 3 times. Even the telemarketers don't call. It's like they all sense that I'm gone.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1654

« #3 : September 19, 2014, 01:37:45 PM »

I was a little slow in July - folks are away for the summer.  I put an add in the local paper - cost $ 100.00 for 4 times -
I got 4 new calls that all generated income and made the add worth it but at the same time business came back and I was working every nite later than I wanted to. 
I don't know why I get anxious just for a couple of slow weeks - it always seems to come back -
SA
gene
YaBB God

: 3183

« #4 : September 19, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »

I'm slow but steady. No worries, mate. This is the first September that I've not had a big influx of holiday business. It will still come, but the rush will be in October, probably.

The Cincinnati Bengals have a great team this year and they have not been able to sell out their home game for this coming Sunday. I agree with many who say it's because many people do not have disposable income. I do tend to think that our economy is much worse than we are being let to believe. Our deflation is turning into a de-leveraging, I fear.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4545

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #5 : September 20, 2014, 09:39:21 AM »

The Cincinnati Bengals have a great team this year and they have not been able to sell out their home game for this coming Sunday. I agree with many who say it's because many people do not have disposable income.
I don't think it's due to lack of disposable income. I think it's because everyone has a big screen high-def TV five feet away from them now.

Back in the day, when home TV's were basically crap, and going to a game would only set you back about 50 bucks, it made sense.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
Mike
YaBB God

: 2909

Marine canvas & upholstery SWFL

« #6 : September 20, 2014, 02:48:37 PM »

I mentioned it last year. it was the first time we ran completely dry   I always got real nervouse b4 as it was my only income and I had a  support mopre them myself but I learned the phone always rings and it did last year after a week . I had 7k booked .  this year I havnt run out but last month was slow but kept plugging along I have 4 on the book 2 big 2 piddly. one if for a snowbird returning in October who leaving on a cruise.   a favebook friend snowbird already has planned to return mid October.  so it wont be long chris.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines