UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 14, 2019, 02:50:38 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  If this is "great" condition...
« previous next »
: [1]
: If this is "great" condition...  ( 1516 )
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

: 1925

"By hammer and hand, all arts do stand."

« : November 15, 2014, 06:30:49 PM »

I wonder what "fair condition" is

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/zip/4758901138.html

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
MinUph
YaBB God

: 2255

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #1 : November 15, 2014, 07:18:53 PM »

Nice faux leather.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
gene
YaBB God

: 3181

« #2 : November 16, 2014, 10:15:31 AM »

Keith, wouldn't it be a hoot if you called on this furniture and it turned out that it was the guy behind you with the new fence who was selling it?  :)

We have a guy here in SW OHIO, Dan Grove, who is an expert at repairing leather and vinyl. I think even this job would be a challenge for him.

But hey! "It still sits good." What more can you ask for?

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

« #3 : November 16, 2014, 05:29:59 PM »

"It's a sheet or slip cover from perfection."   I wonder how many of our customers would think that if they were paying for a slip cover?   All it's missing is a disclaimer, "Some minor pet damage."

Gene is referring to my neurotic backdoor neighbor.  First week he moved in during Sept 2013 he had all the trees in the back property line taken out.   Every week since he's had a landscape crew, roofing crew, carpenters, concrete workers or painters over working on something or another - adding, subtracting, changing, or relocating.   Last week was no exception.  We were gone for the week and saw yet another change.  I think he must be driving contractors crazy because they are often a different company.

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
BlueFlamingo

: 60

« #4 : November 18, 2014, 01:12:42 PM »

You mean it didn't come from the factory like that???
mike802
YaBB God

: 1307

I'm a llama!

« #5 : November 19, 2014, 05:28:21 PM »

It's the new shabby chic, with the distressed look!

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com
Dede

: 150

So many buttons...

« #6 : November 19, 2014, 06:44:41 PM »

Think of all the money you could make!

http://i.imgur.com/M2DAVLj.jpg
[click on link for larger version]

West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com
gene
YaBB God

: 3181

« #7 : November 19, 2014, 08:40:05 PM »

That furniture would go with any Early Appalachian decor.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

« #8 : November 19, 2014, 11:00:31 PM »

Heck, no, you don't even have to finish it to make it fashionable.

http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?categoryId=cat2390483

I've worked on some of these.   There are fake tack holes across the back and every once in a while they actually tack in a tuft of fabric to make it look like it was once upholstered.

« : November 19, 2014, 11:02:28 PM byhammerandhand »

Keith

Dede

: 150

So many buttons...

« #9 : November 20, 2014, 05:38:06 AM »

That furniture would go with any Early Appalachian decor.

Our home is furnished almost exclusively in Early American Attic, with a few Yard Sale Decor accents.

West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines