UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2019, 04:35:45 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Job applicants
« previous next »
: [1]
: Job applicants  ( 2768 )
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

: 1925

"By hammer and hand, all arts do stand."

« : June 30, 2015, 07:23:10 AM »

"We ask prospective job applicants at our business to fill out a questionnaire. For the line 'Choose one word to summarize your strongest professional attribute.' One woman wrote, 'I'm very good at following instructions.'"

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1589

« #1 : June 30, 2015, 11:40:47 AM »

I'm thinking there's potential there  !  Did you ask the applicant if she minds having her hands in paint remover most of the day ?

SA
Darren Henry
YaBB God

: 5648

some days are better than others

« #2 : June 30, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »

Reminds me of a "test" our science teacher handed out back in high school. The instructions were to go through and read ALL the questions first---then proceed. The final "question" on page two was instructions that if we had followed his instructions we did not have to answer any of the questions as the test was to see who followed instruction. Use the remainder of the class to do the home work project I gave you at the start of class. Thank gawd for a long memory (at least back then) and an older sister who didn't think it was very funny the year before. grin.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

« #3 : June 30, 2015, 07:38:41 PM »

I remember having a test like that.   Some of the steps were things like punch three holes in the upper left corner of the sheet, draw a flag, etc.

Reminds me of a "test" our science teacher handed out back in high school. The instructions were to go through and read ALL the questions first---then proceed. The final "question" on page two was instructions that if we had followed his instructions we did not have to answer any of the questions as the test was to see who followed instruction. Use the remainder of the class to do the home work project I gave you at the start of class. Thank gawd for a long memory (at least back then) and an older sister who didn't think it was very funny the year before. grin.

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #4 : July 05, 2015, 11:51:41 AM »

I was in 3rd. grade when I took the test Darren mentioned.  I was totally freaked out that I was the only kid "doing nothing"... I fumbled, looked nervously around until I met the teacher's eyes.  She smiled, blinked slowly and I nervously settled down. 

I was one of maybe 2 other kids who did nothing except get freaked out.  I've never forgotten the experience.  Nor have I ever forgotten the importance of "reading the directions"!!!

"LISTEN"  or, "READ".  Or follow the herd... possibly over the cliff.  You have a choice. 

sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4539

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #5 : July 05, 2015, 12:45:48 PM »

I don't remember that test. Probably because I didn't finish answering all the questions before the time ran out.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #6 : July 05, 2015, 12:51:09 PM »

Doubt that, Sofa.!
gene
YaBB God

: 3155

« #7 : July 05, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »

May have told this one before. It doesn't matter. Whether it's a redo or not, I'll still enjoy telling it a lot more than you will enjoy reading it.  :)

Back in my salesman days, I'm sitting in a companies' lobby in Arbor, Mi., waiting for the Purchasing Manager.

There's another guy sitting in the lobby filling out an employment application. He goes up to the receptionist and inquires about the statement on the application that says to write down any felony convictions. He asks if he should write down all of them. The receptionist says "yes".

A few minutes later he goes up to the receptionist and asks if it's OK to write on the back of the application paper. The receptionist says "yes". The receptionist and I DID NOT make eye contact. We were both afraid that we would start laughing and that guy might have yet another felony. (I talked with her after my appointment.) :o

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
councilxvb32

: 1

http://www.megamotormadness.com

« #8 : July 07, 2015, 03:02:43 AM »

good luck

Motorcycles,Scooters and ATVs shop, megamotormadness
http://www.megamotormadness.com

gene
YaBB God

: 3155

« #9 : July 08, 2015, 07:18:41 AM »

I do not reupholster motorcycles, scooters, or ATVs. I do have a kind of madness though. It's certainly mega, but with no motor.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

« #10 : July 08, 2015, 05:11:48 PM »

If I didn't think I'd never see the money again or end up with a Delorean, I'd get a reservation for one of these.
https://www.startengine.com/startup/elio-motors

Topic drift?  What topic drift?
« : July 08, 2015, 05:12:34 PM byhammerandhand »

Keith

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines