UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 07:20:11 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Good form aluminum chair...arm pieces
« previous next »
: [1]
: Good form aluminum chair...arm pieces  ( 1529 )
cajunpedaler

: 80

« : August 14, 2015, 11:55:30 AM »

I am a mid-century aficionado.  I have several Goodform chairs that have arms.  And on those arms, origninally there was a little pad that curved or conformed to the curve of the structure.  In 90% of the cases, that arm piece is gone or broken and I've not come up with a good way to re-create that.  Any body familiar with a fix that might work?
Perry
I can post a picture if it helps.

If at first you don't succeed, redefine success. If at first you fail, redefine failure.
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1343

« #1 : August 14, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »

Just guessing - a heavy cardboard form - covered and attached with screws from underneath or door panel retainer posts ?
SA
MinUph
YaBB God

: 2123

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #2 : August 14, 2015, 04:25:42 PM »

Pictures would help.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4461

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #3 : August 14, 2015, 04:55:49 PM »

Are you talking about a piece of bentwood that has been padded and covered? Possibly with small t-nuts?

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
brmax
YaBB God

: 599

« #4 : August 17, 2015, 09:52:41 PM »

I have one in need of a recovering, I have use this in my shop setting for at least 20 years.
Mine I think its the same if my search for pictures came up correct, anyway this one is all aluminum special formed box styles, mostly government spec types with green vinyl most likely.
Cajun the arms here I show a factory aluminum plate cut slightly smaller than arm/hand rest, its held on with 2 screws from bottom and also at the back edge of plate it has a square knotch out and here is where a sliver/piece from actual chair arm aluminum locks it in position.
sorry no pics, so maybe using .075 aluminum and rolling the front edge over as this is for a factory setup you could glue some padding onto it, as I cannot see another method that was used here on this.
I do agree the chairs are well thought out in there design, look forward to any fixes you come up with.
good day there

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines