UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 07:25:55 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  haphazard repair
« previous next »
: [1]
: haphazard repair  ( 718 )
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2615

North Central Florida

« : September 20, 2015, 07:42:18 PM »

This piece had never been recovered before so I can't blame it on the last upholsterer. And the shipping tag said 1976 so I can't blame it on cheap Chinese crap.

Whoever the upholsterer was decided to do the repair himself rather than send it back to the frame room. Just shoot a bunch of staples into it. That will do just fine. Fail.

The second photo is of the wing chairs reupholstered.

« : September 20, 2015, 07:49:24 PM kodydog »

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1039

« #1 : September 21, 2015, 06:19:25 AM »

Had the repairs been more current you would have seen Gorilla glue all over the place and maybe a steel mending plate. 
Those wing chairs completed get five stars  !

SA
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

: 1909

"By hammer and hand, all arts do stand."

« #2 : September 21, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »

+1  I've seen more than enough of both.

The concept known as the law of the instrument, Maslow's hammer, Gavel or a golden hammer is an over-reliance on a familiar tool; as Abraham Maslow said in 1966, "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

Had the repairs been more current you would have seen Gorilla glue all over the place and maybe a steel mending plate. 
Those wing chairs completed get five stars  !

SA

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
gene
YaBB God

: 2906

« #3 : September 22, 2015, 08:02:36 AM »

Awhile back it was either hammer or sofaD that posted a pic showing a butt joint where the 2" staple missed, so the person added 3 or 4 additional "missed" staples.

I mentioned awhile back that I did a wing back chair that had something rattling around inside it. It was a frame board that had one end broken off from a knot and the worker used another board for the frame but instead of the worker throwing the bad board away they just put in inside the chair.

Very nice work, kodyD on those wing back chairs!

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4301

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #4 : September 22, 2015, 09:22:23 AM »

Who needs staples?..........when you have GG and aluminum tape? 

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

: 1909

"By hammer and hand, all arts do stand."

« #5 : September 25, 2015, 08:46:32 PM »

Those are the cases where I usually shake my head and say to myself, "Well, that piece of wood should have just been thrown in the scrap bin."

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines