UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 02:23:35 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Vinyl jobs
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Vinyl jobs  ( 5440 )
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4451

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #15 : November 17, 2015, 09:18:37 AM »

Here's my experience; Each job different=low efficiency=low profit. Boring and repetitive=high efficiency=higher profit.
Totally agree. If some of you guys don't want your "trained monkey" work, send it to me. I'll take those boring, repetitive big paychecks.

I'm at the point in my life now where I no longer covet those "new and exciting challenges" on every job that comes through the door.

I've done more repetitive work in 2015 so far, than in any year of my career. And I'm on course to have my highest grossing, and most profitable year ever. Even though I don't put in nearly as many hours as I did 20-30 years ago.

The commercial vinyl jobs have slowed down lately, probably won't pick back up until after the holidays. I'm back to doing all those stupid little chairs that absolutely, positively must be done in time for family get-togethers or it will surely spell the end of western civilization.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

: 1925

"By hammer and hand, all arts do stand."

« #16 : November 17, 2015, 09:23:06 AM »

Spent a day at Henry Ford Museum last month.   Epitome of that in his early concepts of assembly line, time and motion studies, etc.   Seeing some of the footage of his assembly line though, arg, shoulder-to-shoulder work at breakneck pace.   

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines