UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2019, 12:29:20 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Welcome back Upholster.com
« previous next »
: [1]
: Welcome back Upholster.com  ( 3637 )
MinUph
YaBB God

: 2226

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« : January 02, 2016, 02:23:23 PM »

Nice to be able to log in again.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
brmax
YaBB God

: 600

« #1 : January 02, 2016, 02:53:18 PM »

It all looks great this New Year
Best Wishes Everyone
Floyd
Mike
YaBB God

: 2908

Marine canvas & upholstery SWFL

« #2 : January 02, 2016, 08:21:57 PM »

welcome back paul. well last week when the site was working again, my background was light blue now im light orange as normal.

MinUph
YaBB God

« #3 : January 02, 2016, 09:42:53 PM »

I haven't been able to log on for weeks. I kept getting a template error. On my 2 computers, and my phone. But all seems well now except the smilies as they were before.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
Virgs Sew n Sew

« #4 : January 03, 2016, 08:56:52 AM »

Like Mike, I could log in, but was getting blue and white.  Now, all as it was before.  Fabulous!

Virginia
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4539

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #5 : January 03, 2016, 09:46:03 AM »

Now, all as it was before.  Fabulous!
Depends on how you define the word "before".

In 2011, there were over 9000 new posts to this forum. Last year, around 3500. It has been on a steady, steep decline every year.

Face it folks. This forum is drying up. There are only a small handful of us keeping it going. We used to have 30 or 40 active members that posted daily. Heck, we had 2 sewing machine mechanics that answered questions every night. And we had a few suppliers that posted as well. They've all moved on to more active forums.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
Virgs Sew n Sew

« #6 : January 03, 2016, 10:50:36 AM »

I'm one of the newer posters and, yes, even I have noticed that the forum isn't as active as it was when I first posted.  Since it wasn't in 2011, I'm relieved that I'm not the cause ; )

Don't know the more active forums as I haven't looked.  I like the folks here who still post so I have no desire, at this juncture, to look for other forums.

Glad as many of the old timers are still posting here as there are..

Virginia
kodydog
YaBB God

: 3156

North Central Florida

« #7 : January 03, 2016, 11:54:09 AM »

Whew! I was getting the shakes without my daily fix here. Glad to be back. Happy New Year everyone.

In 2011, there were over 9000 new posts to this forum. Last year, around 3500. It has been on a steady, steep decline every year.

Face it folks. This forum is drying up. There are only a small handful of us keeping it going. We used to have 30 or 40 active members that posted daily. Heck, we had 2 sewing machine mechanics that answered questions every night. And we had a few suppliers that posted as well. They've all moved on to more active forums.

What would it take to get back to where we were before. Is there any hope? Convert to Facebook? What I've always liked about this forum is the experience behind the answers. You can ask almost any upholstery related question and get an intelligent answer. You all have helped me solve a lot of problems. Sure would hate to see it go the way of the dinosaurs.
« : January 03, 2016, 11:56:22 AM kodydog »

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
MinUph
YaBB God

« #8 : January 03, 2016, 02:58:38 PM »

The old saying "Use it or loose it" applies to all forums also. I belong to a couple 3 groups on FB and they are OK but not as personable as here. So us it and maybe we wont loose it.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
Darren Henry
YaBB God

: 5648

some days are better than others

« #9 : January 03, 2016, 03:15:55 PM »

Oh man is it good to be back!!! I've missed you folks.

I started getting the error message just before I left for Alberta ,for Christmas. [thanks Virgina for extending my hoilday wishes BTW]. I tried logging on from my step son's lap top a couple of times with intermittent success but couldn't remember my password. I've been able to read along on my phone in blue and white but still haven't found my password now that I'm home. As late as yesterday afternoon that was where I was at. I had read that they were hoping to restore tomorrow or tuesday but had the laptop on looking for scope mounts for my new rifle (not a great morning at the range) so thought I'd check.

YAHOO!!! Grab a six pack---I've got plenty to catch  up on LOL.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1584

« #10 : January 04, 2016, 04:01:31 PM »

Glad to be able to log in - not sure what the reason was for the error messages  ? 
Been slow for about 10 days - but the needed rest was welcomed -  calls starting to come in now -
Like this site and the folks here - wishing all a great 2016 -
Darren my elbow is strong enough to help you out - don't go it alone

SA
Darren Henry
YaBB God

: 5648

some days are better than others

« #11 : January 04, 2016, 06:50:57 PM »

Darren my elbow is strong enough to help you out - don't go it alone

ROFL; I've just given you an unofficial field promotion to "lifer" on here. You're hangin' around as much for the fellowship as the advice now. You're a "lifer" LOL.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines