UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 07:49:01 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Welt Cord Again
« previous next »
: [1]
: Welt Cord Again  ( 1138 )
baileyuph

« : April 03, 2016, 10:54:11 AM »

How is yours installed ........ glue or staples (gimp gun)?

I use both - depends on the fabric and how much the staple will show.

Doyle
MinUph
YaBB God

: 2120

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #1 : April 03, 2016, 03:55:09 PM »

I gather welt is Double welt. We glue it on. Never figured how to staple so it doesn't show. Still have trouble with vinyl doudle welt. Cant find a glue that works well except brush ons.
« : April 03, 2016, 03:58:13 PM MinUph »

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1324

« #2 : April 04, 2016, 06:31:06 AM »

I have a narrow crown stapler - I mostly use hot glue but every 12 in. I shoot a staple that isn't seen or crimps the line

SA
MinUph
YaBB God

: 2120

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #3 : April 04, 2016, 06:55:24 AM »

I cant seem to find a narrow crown stapler that shoots a fine enough staple. I have two but the shoot fat staples.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
baileyuph

« #4 : April 04, 2016, 07:39:11 AM »

I will, when at the business, get the information on my narrow guage gun and staples - Paul.  Maybe late tonight.

I find other uses for the gun - some auto work works better with it.

Doyle
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4451

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #5 : April 04, 2016, 08:08:54 AM »

We glue it on. Never figured how to staple so it doesn't show. Still have trouble with vinyl doudle welt. Cant find a glue that works well except brush ons.
I have the 2 different styles of DW feet. One style gives better separation between the 2 cords so you can hide a staple better. The other style sews the cords too tightly together, so there's no real "valley". I usually glue the long straight runs, and anchor the corners with a staple.

The FB forum routinely brings up the topic of gluing vinyl DW. Everybody seems to think they have an answer. But I haven't found any kind of glue stick, or other quick tack method.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
chrisberry12

: 151

« #6 : April 25, 2016, 09:42:06 AM »

I have a narrow crown staple gun that shots fine wire staples made by Rainco
gene
YaBB God

: 3042

« #7 : April 26, 2016, 10:14:57 PM »

I put double welt cord on the top of the legs at the corners of a bench. I hot melt glued them on. I was concerned about how the DW bent under the bench on each side of the legs so I put a brad nail in the seam of the DW to make sure it stayed in place. I have a narrow crown staple gun on my wish list.

Chisberry12: Do you only use the narrow crown staples and no hot melt glue?

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines