UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 19, 2020, 04:13:08 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Split pad foot
« previous next »
: [1]
: Split pad foot  ( 622 )
ChandlerSM

: 4

« : June 07, 2016, 08:56:54 AM »

After I started stripping what was to be my first upholstering project, I found that the pad foot on the chair had split from exposure to water.  I think it is repairable, but don't know how to go about it without breaking it off, because now it is quite dry.  Please tell me what to do to fix this problem.
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1708

« #1 : June 07, 2016, 10:06:11 AM »

If the split will close with clamp pressure than you may be able to use epoxy glue and a clamp.  A photo would help if you can post one.
SA
ChandlerSM

« #2 : June 22, 2016, 09:07:29 PM »

I tried to post a photo but it wouldn't upload.
So...two splits in two feet are quite narrow, so a thin glue that would reach all the exposed surfaces in the splits is what I need.  Can you recommend a good glue for that?
« : June 22, 2016, 10:21:29 PM ChandlerSM »
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1708

« #3 : June 23, 2016, 05:57:26 AM »

I would recommend epoxy.  If the split can't be opened you can not scrape off the old glue between the split surfaces therefore a yellow glue won't be to effective.  You can thin the epoxy slightly with epoxy thinner and use a syringe to force it into the split .
SA
ChandlerSM

« #4 : June 23, 2016, 12:01:10 PM »

I'll do that.  Thank you!   :)
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines