UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 09:58:41 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  What should one know about these - composition woods?
« previous next »
: [1]
: What should one know about these - composition woods?  ( 208 )
baileyuph

« : June 28, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »

What is being referenced by composition wood in the subject ---are the boards now available with the following charactics:  they are smooth and seeming perfectly sized, and have no grain.

Basically, what I am after this time - - is the composition wood going to stand up on a home when it is used to replace  press board as a gutter board?     

Let me frame the question this way, would this wood (composition wood) be suitable as a finished gutter board on a home?  That is, good as the press board stuff used in years past under the rain gutters?

Currently on the home (30 year old home) , the gutter board back then was--a press board - now needs replaced .

A lot of detail here, but I am wondering about the merits of replacing that older press board with the composition wood, a supplier showed me.  He said they sell a lot of the composition wood.  It would be finished as the press board was in the past.

It is an option or go to 3/4 inch thick pine and of course paint.

An too, in my furniture repair work, the composition wood looks like it could serve some purposes, it is normally covered by upholstery.  I assume it would glue and screw ok?

If this isn't clear, please ask for clarification.

There several wood people on this site that know their subject well, which is much appreciated.

Doyle

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines