UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2019, 07:06:32 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  lawn chair mesh attachment issues
« previous next »
: [1]
: lawn chair mesh attachment issues  ( 890 )
Judy_Boat

: 51

« : July 05, 2016, 02:14:33 PM »

Exisitng attachment is like a spiral nail that got driven into the aluminum.
Anyone tried to remove and reuse these type of fasteners?

Also open to other simple solutions
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1654

« #1 : July 05, 2016, 03:38:27 PM »

Haven't seen one with a screw like that.  I guess you can't get it to retighten ?  Have you ever used self tapping sheet metal screws ?
SA
Mojo
YaBB God

: 4284

I'm Always In Trouble

« #2 : July 06, 2016, 05:35:59 AM »

Contact Patio Products in Boca Raton, FL. They have a great deal of experience with all of these type of chairs and also sell parts and fabric for them.

http://www.patioproducts.com/

Chris
Judy_Boat

: 51

« #3 : July 23, 2016, 11:28:45 AM »

The screws did go back into the replacement mesh material and seemed to snug in. I probably should have used a small shot of glue at each nail. I think if they have no chance to move relative to the material they will not work their way back out.

Could definitely sit down and get up out of the chair a few times without anything shifting. Also laid in some duct tape on the underside to help keep things in place.
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1654

« #4 : July 23, 2016, 11:37:59 AM »

or maybe a dot of silicone glue where the material touches the frame
SA
Mike
YaBB God

: 2909

Marine canvas & upholstery SWFL

« #5 : July 23, 2016, 10:04:20 PM »

is this for yourseld? I ufuse to do this stuff for customers they never want to pay what its worth and you always got problems   id try attachinjg differently like rivitinf on maybe with a flat bar or lacing with grometts in navy canvas would have a nautical look too

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines