UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 04:12:34 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Vehicles?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vehicles?  ( 446 )
65Buick

: 292

« : October 30, 2016, 06:27:14 PM »

I'm in a need of a vehicle for my upholstery. My first choice is one the new ford transit connect vans. They're too expensive for me right now. I'm looking for something easy to load, gets 25+ mpg. What's everyone driving?

Thanks
MinUph
YaBB God

: 1868

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #1 : October 30, 2016, 07:26:51 PM »

We use a 2013 GMC van. Extra long and can fit lots of furniture in it. I bought it used a couple of years ago. It's a good van. I have other employees drive it and couldn't afford new and didn't want to anyway. Years ago I would buy new Chevys every 2 - 4 years for the write offs. I drove them for my personal vehicles also so I knew how it was treated.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1040

« #2 : October 31, 2016, 05:28:16 AM »

I don't think anything beats a van for this kind of work.  Mine is ford 250.  If you need 4 wheel drive that's another consideration. My van is 15 years old and runs great.  I have M+ S tires - the rear has slip differential - sliding side door - v 8 -
I had the chevy van before this one and wasn't as happy. 
SA
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2618

North Central Florida

« #3 : October 31, 2016, 06:31:55 AM »

2003 Ford E-150 with a v6. This is the first vehicle I bought new and couldn't be happier. We bought it at the end of the model year and got a great price. At 185k miles it still runs great. Original transmission shifts good and the engine runs smooth and doesn't leak oil. For big jobs we tow an 8' covered trailer. It'll also pull a pop-up camper in the mountains with little problem. If I ever buy another I would be tempted to get the v8. It gets 16 to 18 mpg. I'm not sure about gas mileage these days but it may be difficult finding a van that gets 25 mpg.
« : October 31, 2016, 06:35:53 AM kodydog »

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
65Buick

: 292

« #4 : November 01, 2016, 09:48:39 PM »

Thanks for the input. Luckily I have a uhaul guy right down the way that rents vans like those fords.
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

: 1912

"By hammer and hand, all arts do stand."

« #5 : November 02, 2016, 06:28:45 PM »

I've been driving a Honda Odyssey for about 5 years.   22-24 mpg around town, up to 32 on expressway.

The middle seats come out and the third row folds down into the floor.   

When I bought it I brought it home, took out the seats, picked up a couple of sheets of 5/8" BCX plywood, next day I made some racks & drawers that fit behind the front seats and have accessibility on both side doors.

Prior to that, I had a 2003 E-150, smaller V8.   I got 12-16 mpg.   I decided to give it up when it needed tires and brakes, and I'd spent $4000 the prior year on fuel.   I could carry a lot in it, but rarely needed all the space.

If you do a lot of driving, and occasionally need to haul multiples of large pieces, I'd opt for a more efficient vehicle and a cargo trailer.

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines