UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 09:12:54 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  DO YOU KNOW OF A SUPPLIER FOR SOFA BED HINGES?
« previous next »
: [1]
: DO YOU KNOW OF A SUPPLIER FOR SOFA BED HINGES?  ( 253 )
Stephen

: 154

An upholsterer since 1966

« : May 11, 2017, 07:07:36 PM »

NEED SOFA BED HINGES:
Do any of you know of a supplier for sofa bed hinges, such as in the picture below. The type we need allows the seat to pull forward and raise up (to expose a storage area beneath) and to click and lay then seat/back section into a bed.

The hinges should look something similar to this:

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1jAlsLXXXXXalaXXXq6xXFXXXy/Furniture-Hardware-Adjustable-Heavy-Duty-Sofa-Bed-Hinges-KYA028.jpg

So far, the only suppliers I've been able to find are in China.
Stephen
Winters Sewing & Upholstery
Upholstery Resource website
« : May 12, 2017, 12:18:43 AM Stephen »

SteveA
YaBB God

: 1253

« #1 : May 12, 2017, 08:43:44 AM »

a company called Central Texas Supply in Austin carried those kinds of things.  I searched the internet but didn't find them - maybe out of business - can the ones you have be repaired ?
SA
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4420

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #2 : May 12, 2017, 09:57:22 PM »

I think that Central Texas Supply merged with San Antonio Supply and became Capitol City Supply many years ago.

Yes, sometimes they can be welded. Just depends on where the break is. as long as the weld doesn't interfere with the tabs that go "click-clack".

Every now and then, I get in one of those old sofa beds with the old "click-clack" hinges that are behaving cantankerously. I've tried to order replacements from my normal suppliers. But the answer was always the same........."We used to carry them, but we don't anymore".

Like Stephen, I've found them online from China. But some look really thin, or they only sell in large quantities.

I've decided that if I get in another sofa bed that needs new hinges, I'm just going to advise the customer to abort.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines