UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 10:50:02 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Ground Breaking Soon
« previous next »
: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
: Ground Breaking Soon  ( 2614 )
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2691

North Central Florida

« #90 : December 21, 2017, 08:18:03 AM »

My neighbor came over and helped me build this partition wall. I'll sand it today and hopefully get some primer on it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WXIO3HVdNT7cR6Co1

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1082

« #91 : December 21, 2017, 11:47:33 AM »

Getting close to occupancy.  You know that you will spend another 5 years developing and changing the working space after you move in.
But it's all good - what a place - the lighting, height, stand alone building, wide openings, maybe the first of a few more buildings/partnership business' to come ?
SA 
Mojo
YaBB God

: 4102

I'm Always In Trouble

« #92 : December 21, 2017, 08:17:30 PM »

Great job Ed.

I despise drywalling. I would rather have a colonoscopy then to mud walls. Typically I go a few years in between drywall projects and my mudding prowess becomes so rusty I suck at it. By the end of the project I am mudding like a Pro. Then I don't do any mudding for a couple years and I am right back to being a dangerous weapon with a mudding knife.

I am sure you are thankful for those short walls. Our shop has 16 ft ceilings which would be impossible to partition off. A house we used to own had Cathedral ceilings and the peak was 22 ft. Taking drywall up a ladder that high is a real treat. Thankfully I was younger then. Today ? No way Jose.

So great to see you and Rose get a nice spacious shop. Ya'll deserve that.

Mojo
kodydog
YaBB God

North Central Florida

« #93 : December 21, 2017, 09:20:22 PM »

Great job Ed.

I despise drywalling. I would rather have a colonoscopy then to mud walls. Typically I go a few years in between drywall projects and my mudding prowess becomes so rusty I suck at it. By the end of the project I am mudding like a Pro. Then I don't do any mudding for a couple years and I am right back to being a dangerous weapon with a mudding knife.

Mojo

Yes, the last time I slung mud on joints was about 10 years ago. Just enough time to forget how miserable it is. I spent all day today sanding all that stuff to a nice smooth surface. And once panted it will still look like crap because I do not know what I am doing. LOL But hay, most of it is going to get covered up by work benches, peg board, shelves and storage cabinets. So in the end all is good. Sure is a lot of work though.
« : December 21, 2017, 09:35:18 PM kodydog »

kodydog
YaBB God

North Central Florida

« #94 : December 21, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »

Getting close to occupancy.  You know that you will spend another 5 years developing and changing the working space after you move in.
But it's all good - what a place - the lighting, height, stand alone building, wide openings, maybe the first of a few more buildings/partnership business' to come ?
SA

Yes a shop never stops evolving. If I were a younger man and knew what I know today I would buy a piece of commercial property and stay put until I retire. This shop is not set up for expansion. It will get me by for the next 10 years until I slow down a bit and get ready to retire.

If you are ready to move to Florida I can put you in touch with a shop that has been looking for an upholsterer for several years. But then Scott in San Diego is looking for an upholsterer. San Diego would be a cool place to live.

65Buick

: 379

« #95 : December 22, 2017, 01:07:01 PM »

FYI Kody: San Diego is a beautiful place. It's also one of the most expensive places in the nation.

Though even with the traffic there, I would probably live there if I could. I had never been and my wife and I took a little vacay down there. Stayed right downtown and went to the ballgame, only a couple blocks away. It was awesome.
Mojo
YaBB God

: 4102

I'm Always In Trouble

« #96 : December 22, 2017, 04:10:09 PM »

I spent some time in Diego. The first time it was not fun. But then again Marine Corps boot camp is never fun. After MCRD in Diego I went to Oceanside ( Camp Pendleton ).

Ingrid and I went back to Diego a few years ago for vacation and I enjoyed it then. The costs are outrageous. I seen a 3 bedroom 1 bath standard ranch house on a small lot that was selling for $ 500 K. Crazy.

Matines used to go to Tijuana for the weekend. Get locked up in jail, the Marines would send down a bus and bring us back. Monday everyone was at sick bay getting shots of penicillin ( the ladies in TJ were not the cleanest ) and then the following weekend do it all over again. They finally banned us from Tijuana so we went to downtown Diego. Tore a bunch of bars up fighting with Naval personnel ( they have a base there as well ) and the city fathers asked us to stay out of downtown. In the end we didn't have too many places left to go. :)

San Diego has one of the most temperate climates on the main land. They have some gorgeous weather there which is why everyone wants to move there. When Ingrid and I were there we were both shocked at the cost of everything, from groceries to fuel. It is outrageous.

Mojo
65Buick

: 379

« #97 : December 22, 2017, 05:08:33 PM »

Houses in my area (central coast CA) have also approached (or at 500k) for a basic house. We got lucky in the real estate crash to buy one for pennies of what they're worth now.

Also you all may not know but Nipomo is often regarded as the most temperate place in the nation. That's averaging all days of the year, it's about 65 degrees. San Diego can be hot.

I know most people outside CA talk about the high costs and all, but I grew up here. it's all I know. I guess you just learn to live with less, unless of course you're rich.
: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines