UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 06:36:16 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Glue
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Glue  ( 283 )
brmax
YaBB God

: 563

« #15 : September 01, 2017, 05:38:38 PM »

Its been another good post here, I have to say many many more adhesives than has been in my tool box. As I was admiring some products were made or canned here in thee ole home State that was a plus. I should say these cans may have a higher freight charge as sometimes flammable items do. fwiw
I noticed the mention in the glue descriptions from the factory pages, of another sprayer, the critter 118 just about the spitn image.
These post do ring a bell as I recall several conversations of items here, I suppose just stickin to canvas i'm lucky these get re-visited. So in this can one of you elaborate on any kit or items you liked on the sprayers, seems there was some good and maybe short discussion in this sprayer specific way back.
Thanks guys

Floyd
MinUph
YaBB God

: 1868

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #16 : September 01, 2017, 08:00:40 PM »

Floyd,
  I've used the K-Grip siphon spray gun for many years. On moving to Florida I didn't have mine anymore and couldn't find it easily so I purchased an EZE Spray Glue Gun which is another siphon gun but much cheaper. I did not like this one. And a friend gave me an extra K-grip gun that I am still using. Much better. I would post pics but it's too much trouble posing pics here, but this like shows both guns. I've never used a large paint sprayer for this type of glue. I have heard of others and in a larger production shop it would make sense.
http://www.yourautotrim.com/sprayglueguns.html

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4300

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #17 : September 02, 2017, 10:32:57 AM »

Paint sprayers work fine for glue, as long as you use them frequently and clean them often.

The siphon sprayers like Critter, EZ, and K-Grip are better suited for small shops because they require less cleaning and maintenance.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines