UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 01:32:32 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Headlining
« previous next »
: [1]
: Headlining  ( 133 )
Grebo
YaBB God
: 2002

From the Costa Del Wotsit. Espania

« : September 22, 2017, 02:46:54 PM »

I  have this customer, his boat is 10 years old & has alcantara covered headlining mostly on boards. This year the material went like bubbly in the heat of the summer ( most likely with the Aircon on as well) Now the weather has started to cool down they have all go flat & tight again !
Is there a cure for this ? Or is it just age of the glue/ break down of foam backing or something. ?

MinUph
YaBB God
: 1829

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #1 : September 22, 2017, 03:48:56 PM »

I am not familur with this fabric but it sounds like the glue has failed and the heat allowed the fabric to sag.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
Grebo
YaBB God

« #2 : September 23, 2017, 07:28:35 AM »

Hmm, makes sense, strip down job them. Ta

brmax
YaBB God
: 561

« #3 : September 23, 2017, 09:43:24 AM »

I would be curious if the boarding the fabric is glued to was easily removeable. My mind can see a few options here on the boat ceiling, like accessible control or piping equipment in the area. The removal of the old stuck foam could be a real pain in any situation.

Good day there
Floyd
Darren Henry
YaBB God
: 5565

some days are better than others

« #4 : September 23, 2017, 10:39:22 AM »

if Alcantara is the stuff I'm thinking of * I've seen it fail as auto headling in that ten year time. The dense foam backing just turned to dust.

* The stuff I'm thinking of is sold here for auto headliners. It's about 3-4 mm (3/16") thick with a velour type fabric and dense foam  rubber backing.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
Grebo
YaBB God

« #5 : September 25, 2017, 04:42:22 AM »

if Alcantara is the stuff I'm thinking of * I've seen it fail as auto headling in that ten year time. The dense foam backing just turned to dust.

* The stuff I'm thinking of is sold here for auto headliners. It's about 3-4 mm (3/16") thick with a velour type fabric and dense foam  rubber backing.

Similar, more like a suede finish & foam backed I believe, boat is in France not local to me.
Foam backings often turn to dust here, I guess heat & age.

« : September 25, 2017, 04:44:11 AM Grebo »

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines