UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 10:43:38 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Sole proprietor
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sole proprietor  ( 50 )
65Buick

: 293

« : November 09, 2017, 05:24:14 PM »

As I stated in the other forum, spammers are winning here.

Yet I will keep posting until there is a solution.

And today my question for everyone is: those of you who work solo, how do you prevent yourself from going bonkers?
I have a dog, but he is not a substitute for a human.
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1041

« #1 : November 09, 2017, 05:35:07 PM »

I thought you were going to say "Bankrupt"  - another topic for self employed.  Today medical coverage informed me that my premium will increase by over $ 500.00 but the deductible will stay level at  $14,000 - ain't this a load of crap -
I have two dogs that keep me sane :)
SA
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4300

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #2 : November 09, 2017, 07:59:24 PM »

The 4 walls of my shop really close in on me. Facebook upholstery groups, and other forums like this one help me keep my sanity.

I have a commercial store front, but in this kind of business, that only equates to a couple of customers a day.

My daughter works nearby, so she bums a free lunch off me every day. Otherwise I might go bonkers myself.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2619

North Central Florida

« #3 : November 09, 2017, 08:28:54 PM »

Yes four walls and solitude can cause claustrophobia. For me opening the garage door invites the occasional neighbor to stop by. Many neighborhood children are very curious as to what is going on inside my shop. But best of all is the neighbors dog who stops by every day to munch on a few biscuits.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
65Buick

: 293

« #4 : November 09, 2017, 11:09:41 PM »

Indeed, bankrupt is another topic.
Tonight I attended a local designer's meeting. The competition among furniture companies is fierce. It did not make me feel much better about re-upholstery. I suppose some custom work, here and there.
These designers are raking in huge amountso of money.
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines