UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 09:54:32 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Ground Breaking Soon
« previous next »
: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
: Ground Breaking Soon  ( 1769 )
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2615

North Central Florida

« #75 : Today at 09:37:11 AM »

Everything was going great on this project until now. Yesterday was four weeks that we have been waiting for power. Monday a bucket truck pulled up. The guy got out and walked over to the meter box. On the way back I met him and told him how happy I was to see him. He told me there is no wire.

So now I'm looking at him like duh. I told him I was told by the guy who did the estimate that Duke Power would supply the wire. He said no, A subcontractor (supplied by the power company) digs the ditch and supplies the wire. Now I'm looking at him and thinking, then what are you doing here?

So he leaves. Rose calls the guy who gave us the estimate 4 months ago (keep in mind we already paid to have the power hooked up). He told her the ditch digger would be here either Friday (yesterday) or Monday. So lets see, so far we have had 4 guys show up and no power yet.

1. The power company estimator.
2. The guy who marks existing underground wires.
3. Another guy who marked where the new wire will go.
4. And the guy in the bucket truck. Nice guy by the way.

Now 2 more people need to come before we get power. And the final code inspection.

About a month ago we upholstered two chairs for Chuck Clemons, our State House Representative. Duke Power is a regulated company. Chuck told me if there is ever anything he can do just give him a call and he gave me his card. If the ditch digger does not show up Monday would I be out of line to see if Chuck can help? Or do I just need to be patient?
« : Today at 09:40:18 AM kodydog »

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
gene
YaBB God

: 2906

« #76 : Today at 10:36:37 AM »

I like the prayer, "Dear God, please give me patience. And hurry up about it!)

I don't think your state rep is going to be of any help.

If this is your first problem, that in itself is something to be grateful for. It doesn't get the electricity turned on, but it may help your blood pressure stay down, at least to a manageable level.

Here's something you probably do not want to do. If, however, you do, make sure Rose gets a video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R_7ZzLiHp8

I've enjoyed reading about the progress on your shop.

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4301

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #77 : Today at 10:48:14 AM »

It wouldn't hurt to give ole Chuckie a call. Maybe he can get you moved up the list a little.

One of my regular customers was our mayor for many years. When I had problems, I could call her, and someone would be at my shop faster than you could cuss a cat.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4301

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #78 : Today at 11:25:01 AM »

1. The power company estimator.
2. The guy who marks existing underground wires.
3. Another guy who marked where the new wire will go.
4. And the guy in the bucket truck. Nice guy by the way.

Now 2 more people need to come before we get power. And the final code inspection.
Reminds me of the joke about the 2 city workers in a truck. One guy would get out and dig a hole, and 10 minutes later the other guy would get out and cover the hole up. They continued doing this every 50 feet for several miles.

A man observing all this asked them why. One of them replied "Well, we're normally a 3 man crew......the guy that plants the trees is sick today".

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines