UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2018, 02:48:08 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Ziggers
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Ziggers  ( 488 )
MinUph
YaBB God

: 2088

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #15 : December 22, 2017, 12:57:40 PM »

65, Do you still find it comfortable after 2 hours? Or do you find yourself re positioning yourself often?

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
65Buick
YaBB God

: 555

« #16 : December 22, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »

I'm not really sure Paul - I normally don't just sit on a sofa. I lie back, etc. I could pay more attention next time.
I've also never had a coil-spring piece, so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Also I am not sure if this makes a difference - I'm on the lighter side. Not quite 12 stone.
« : December 22, 2017, 01:10:02 PM 65Buick »
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1252

« #17 : December 22, 2017, 02:28:02 PM »

The zig zag springs seem ok to me - but not approaching the quality of coils  - however you see a lot of failure to zig zags  where the end of the spring joins to the clip.
SA
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4420

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #18 : December 22, 2017, 02:40:02 PM »

The zig zag springs seem ok to me - but not approaching the quality of coils  - however you see a lot of failure to zig zags  where the end of the spring joins to the clip.
SA

Yeah. Cheaper frames, cheaper clips. All doomed to fail. Many factories opt for clips that cost a penny apiece instead of a nickel apiece. They save about a dollar a couch.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
65Buick
YaBB God

: 555

« #19 : December 22, 2017, 05:02:40 PM »

Well I've invested in a klinch-it tool, and clips. And from what you guys are saying..

I'll go with the coil springs. When I finish my loveseat I'll be sure to have a good rest and test out the comfort.

Appreciate the input.
gene
YaBB God

: 3008

« #20 : December 22, 2017, 09:11:03 PM »

"Downgrading a seat to ziggers is like taking a Cadillac (older one) and putting a VW engine it it."

Back when I was a teenager working at my first job, there was a guy who worked that that who had a Porsche that he put a VW engine in it. He got it with a blown engine and wrecked body. He fixed the body and put in the VW engine.

I can still see and hear that Porsche accelerating going down the alley behind the building. That was the weirdest thing.

gene
« : December 22, 2017, 09:11:30 PM gene »

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines