UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2018, 10:59:19 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  How old are we anyway
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: How old are we anyway  ( 1167 )
Mojo
YaBB God

: 4206

I'm Always In Trouble

« #15 : January 16, 2018, 01:36:11 PM »

If I had it all over to do I am not sure I would choose RV Awnings. While margins are good the amount of work involved in closing sales not to mention the vast amount of tech support after the sale is a killer. We do not compete with local awning makers but rather we compete on a National level. The only way to make this business work is on online with sales throughout the USA and Canada. Local awning guys would starve on RV business.

I had over 3 years just in learning the various assemblies, parts, problems, etc. Once I knew them all, the assembly manufacturers came out with new models and I was back at square one. Anyone can sew a damn awning but our customers demand support after the sale. If you do not provide it then the word gets out fast among the online RV communities and you are toast. These RV forums can make you and break you in a heartbeat.

I guess if I was younger and looking for a career change I would open a brothel and not consider upholstery work. At least I would enjoy going to work everyday and have a lot more fun. :)

Mojo
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1399

« #16 : January 16, 2018, 06:19:00 PM »

The Mojo Bunny Ranch !   Sounds Expensive -
SA
kodydog
YaBB God

: 3026

North Central Florida

« #17 : January 16, 2018, 07:36:03 PM »

Mojo, at 59 you are a young man. I say go for it. Some of the guys here could be your best customers. :)

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
scottymc
YaBB God

: 524

« #18 : January 28, 2018, 06:41:14 PM »

Send us all a sample box when it get's off the ground Chris. :-)
Mojo
YaBB God

: 4206

I'm Always In Trouble

« #19 : February 03, 2018, 10:45:13 PM »

I was joking one day with a buddy of mine about opening up a brothel. He said " I want to be a partner ". I told him forget it. He would end up screwing up our profits. :)

Mojo
gkm09

: 17

« #20 : February 06, 2018, 12:00:57 PM »

Grebo
YaBB God

: 2021

From the Costa Del Wotsit. Espania

« #21 : February 19, 2018, 07:11:09 AM »

52 + 3/4.  Going thought ' that time of life '  You lads might get a rough deal sometimes but you sure don't want to go through it 😥 .
It can really mess up your mind, let alone your body.
But I'm hanging in there, can't get as much work done as before but still have some regular customers 😂

Suzi

Darren Henry
YaBB God

: 5633

some days are better than others

« #22 : February 19, 2018, 08:42:35 AM »

hang in there Suzi. there is life  on the other side of "the change". My soon to be ex has been better health and mental health wise than before.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
brmax
YaBB God

: 600

« #23 : February 19, 2018, 09:33:57 AM »

Good Morning!

Its been a real pleasure hearing you all on the forum for several years. With the added benefit to share some start-up concerns and interest. This has been and quite frankly still seems to be a friend like conversation here. In my own surprised to make it 57 & 9/12ths years, am happy to be here!

Thanks
Floyd
Grebo
YaBB God

« #24 : February 20, 2018, 06:32:16 AM »

Thanks DH. 😘

65Buick
YaBB God

: 622

« #25 : February 20, 2018, 03:02:59 PM »

Suzi, how'd you manage posting that (un)smiley?
Grebo
YaBB God

« #26 : February 21, 2018, 10:18:00 AM »

Err, I've got an emocion symbol on my keyboard (tablet) actually I've no idea why it worked. 😂

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines