Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2018, 05:39:50 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Repairing furniture pet damage
« previous next »
: [1]
: Repairing furniture pet damage  ( 19 )

: 73

« : March 17, 2018, 08:15:38 AM »

Pet Damage Business

Are our business owners doing much of this?  There has been an increase in that type of
business lately and question if it is the same for other shops?

Mine is related to mostly newer furniture.  These repairs aren't cheap!

Another Question:

This business often entails matching bonded leather - any problem in matching the (China stuff?).

Some come with apprehension regarding the fix cost.

YaBB God

: 2766

North Central Florida

« #1 : March 17, 2018, 09:26:34 AM »

We have a customer who has a rambunctious young Boxer. This dog likes to chew the welting on the corner of cushions. For a while she was stopping by the shop every two weeks. We love dogs and at first gave her a discount. After a while we realized the problem was not getting solved and now charge her our regular price.

Whenever a customer brings us a pet damaged job they ask, do you get much of this type business? I tell them dogs and cats are our best customers. 

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
YaBB God

: 4390

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #2 : March 17, 2018, 10:09:57 AM »

We love dogs and at first gave her a discount. After a while we realized the problem was not getting solved and now charge her our regular price.
I've had the same problem with a few pet owners. At first, I worked a few miracles saving some pet damaged furniture for a token amount as a favor for regular customers.

But they just assumed that price was  normal, so they had no qualms about letting their pet continue on their path of destruction. One lady would call back in a couple of weeks and say "It's time to do it again". When I told her the price would be substantially higher from now on, she got mad.

I love pets as much as anyone, but have no sympathy for owners that allow their pets to destroy the house. If God had intended for animals to rule the home, he would've given them fingers to sign a mortgage with.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
YaBB God

: 1135

« #3 : March 17, 2018, 11:19:07 AM »

I went to a home this morning to sew a seam closed. Warrantee damage.    As I sat on the floor to get in position I saw two marks in the velvet fabric.  The sofa was brand new - one week old. I alerted the customer before I started and they said her son smashed the bottle nipple into the fabric - it dried and when they tied to scrape it off with their finger nail it frayed the fabric.  So I'm adding 8 month olds to the Best Customer List !
: [1]  
« previous next »

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines