UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2018, 08:39:37 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Liability Insurance
« previous next »
: [1]
: Liability Insurance  ( 275 )
Mojo
YaBB God

: 4178

I'm Always In Trouble

« : February 23, 2018, 07:05:58 AM »

I was just wondering if anyone carries business liability insurance. We have a policy that covers us for $ 2 million which includes people who visit our shop as well as covering us while doing shows.

All venues require we have a minimum of $ 1 million before we are allowed to set up at an event and have to provide them with a copy of our policy.

For those of you who have walk in customers or those of you who deliver, do you have liability insurance ? I believe our policy costs around $ 1,000 a year.

Mojo
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1325

« #1 : February 23, 2018, 08:11:27 AM »

Mine is similar although I don't have coverage at the shop for customers visiting.  Mine is also 2 million and covers me on site for personal injury, property damage, and completed operations.  $ 600.00/year.
SA
kodydog
YaBB God

: 2965

North Central Florida

« #2 : February 23, 2018, 08:34:26 AM »

When we had a commercial location we had it. CYA. We once toyed with the idea of making UF-Gator chairs. Simple metal frame, seat and back upholstered in orange and blue vinyl. We even found a sunbrella type fabric, orange and blue with Florida repeated across it. We made 4 chairs and Rose called about licensing rights. They said a $1 million liability policy would be needed. We sold 3 chairs (uninsured) and donated the fourth to a church auction. We then dropped the idea.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
MinUph
YaBB God

: 2121

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #3 : February 23, 2018, 09:19:03 AM »

When I first took over this business I had a couple in my sample room looking at fabric samples. All of a sudden the husband was on the floor. He had fallen right off the chair. It scared the shit out of me first for the fact I was concerned for him which he was fine. He had a dizzy spell. But after they left I realized I did not have insurance for sush a think. Now the sample room is spotless, clean neat and safe but you never know. So I called and got insurance for this sort of issue. I also later added a rider on it to cover me in case an employee or anyone stole money from my shop. My secretary has access to my world. This was for a past one that I just felt the need to have especially while I got to know them.
  Anyway I carry it and need it for some design firms as they require it along with some condos and HOAs.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
gene
YaBB God

: 3043

« #4 : February 23, 2018, 09:17:01 PM »

State Farm has a nice commercial policy that fits my small business well. I was with Grange Insurance for about 10 years and their prices were up 3 straight years. I went with State Farm.

My lease on my shop requires me to have insurance.

Legal fees in a law suit can be a major expense and it's good to know that insurance will cover that, especially with so many nuisance and frivolous law suits.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines