UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2019, 07:16:44 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Moray Fabric
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Moray Fabric  ( 1046 )
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1633

« #15 : April 25, 2018, 10:41:24 AM »

Looks cool to us - but Chippendale is looking down wondering how'd that happen ?
Nice job - and always nicely photographed
SA
65Buick
YaBB God

: 677

« #16 : April 25, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »

Wow. That is stunning.
kodydog
YaBB God

: 3189

North Central Florida

« #17 : May 02, 2018, 08:49:19 PM »

Okay so now the "flamboyant male decorator" wants us to make a pillow/cushion in the shape of a ball. You know, to toss around. He wants to use Mohair. The problem is how do you make a pattern for a basketball shaped pillow? Rose told him if he can find one we can use for a pattern we will give it a shot. We are too busy to look for one.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
Darren Henry
YaBB God

: 5649

some days are better than others

« #18 : May 03, 2018, 06:31:56 AM »

Borrow a basketball from your local school/kid down the street. wrap it in masking tape and mark the seams. Carefully cut and remove the tape and stick the sections to pieces of brown paper. Add your seam allowance and presto---there is your pattern.

( old shoe making trick,wink)

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
kodydog
YaBB God

North Central Florida

« #19 : May 03, 2018, 08:20:49 PM »

We have a ton of kids in this neighborhood. We were walking the dogs last night and spied a basketball in a neighbors driveway. Hmm. Thanks for the suggestion Darren, I will consider it.

MinUph
YaBB God

: 2247

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #20 : May 03, 2018, 08:44:18 PM »

Borrow a basketball from your local school/kid down the street. wrap it in masking tape and mark the seams. Carefully cut and remove the tape and stick the sections to pieces of brown paper. Add your seam allowance and presto---there is your pattern.

( old shoe making trick,wink)

Now that a great trick.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
65Buick
YaBB God

« #21 : May 03, 2018, 09:07:26 PM »

That's wild. I would love to see the finished product here.
kodydog
YaBB God

North Central Florida

« #22 : May 06, 2018, 09:04:52 PM »

After a long hiatus I was finally able to go kayak fishing today. During my floating adventure I found a rubber basketball. I found a place on shore where I could toss it and come back later to retrieve it. Later I presented Darren's cleaver pattern process to Rose and told her where the basket ball was located. She told me in no uncertain terms that we will not be making a basketball shaped pillow. :(

The good news is I caught a 14" Red Fish. First Red Fish I've landed from the kayak. Bad news is Florida regulation says minimum size for Red Fish is 18". Damn that was a good looking fish.

Darren Henry
YaBB God

: 5649

some days are better than others

« #23 : May 07, 2018, 09:19:19 AM »

"She told me in no uncertain terms that we will not be making a basketball shaped pillow. :("

I've been rather fond of Rose ---until now [pout]. why does she not want to do this? I think it would be kinda cool.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
65Buick
YaBB God

« #24 : May 07, 2018, 03:12:26 PM »

What the heck Rose?! You're letting down the whole upholstery forum. Geesh.
gene
YaBB God

: 3177

« #25 : May 07, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »

I no longer have the web site, but if you google you might find it. It showed patterns and angles for all types of shapes. Balls, cones, squares, etc. All you needed to do was add for your seam allowance.

I made a round fabric cone pillow, like a big Hershey's Kiss. I printed out the pattern, enlarging it to the size I wanted, then added seam allowance and sewed it together. Then I took it apart, checked everything, sewed it together, took it apart, checked again, then sewed it together for a perfect cone pillow. Easy, right?

Kool on the red fish. It's amazing how much it helps the fish population when we have regulations for throwing back some of the smaller fish.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
kodydog
YaBB God

North Central Florida

« #26 : May 07, 2018, 08:48:58 PM »

Yep! It was very tempting to keep it but the fine for size-limit fishing violation in Florida is a second-degree misdemeanor carrying a maximum penalty of 60 days in jail and $500 fine per violation

gene
YaBB God

: 3177

« #27 : May 08, 2018, 08:10:06 AM »

Many years ago now, there were several high profile cases in West Virginia where people were being followed by strangers and then assaulted. West Virginia passed legislation putting severe penalties for stalking. The governor gave a press announcement saying he was passing legislation to halt all stalking. The governors office got hundreds of complaints from concerned citizens saying that if this law went into effect all the lakes would run out of fish. True story.

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
kodydog
YaBB God

North Central Florida

« #28 : May 08, 2018, 04:23:27 PM »

I've been pondering this all day and cannot figure what stalking has to do with lakes running out of fish. I know there is a logical answer but it must be hanging up there just out of my reach.

baileyuph

: 280

« #29 : May 08, 2018, 07:56:41 PM »

The point being made here is; take away the constraints and restrictions on fishing, then the lakes would run out of
fish. 

This thread has a good mix of ideas/points being made, so takes/understanding is like upholstering -
meaning not always easy to understand by all.

Anyway, hope the ball cover idea works for any who try it and fishing is satisfying.

Doyle
« : May 08, 2018, 07:57:48 PM baileyuph »
: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines