UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2018, 11:51:47 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Press
« previous next »
: [1]
: Press  ( 93 )
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1382

« : October 08, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »

Saturday I stopped at a tag sale - this press with 6 extra dies in the Break-stone box was marked $ 8.00.  I have a button press but wondered is there something I could use this for - snaps  ?  I did buy it -  Anyway couldn't think of any upholstery purpose - anyone have any thoughts to put it to good use ?  I have a good hand held metal punch that does sheet metal easily but this press weighs about 50 lbs - bench top monster
SA

kodydog
YaBB God

: 2999

North Central Florida

« #1 : October 08, 2018, 07:19:16 PM »

Could it be some kind of Metalworking Tool?

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4481

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #2 : October 09, 2018, 08:57:17 AM »

It looks possible to adapt it for snap dies.

I'm like you.......8 bucks........Hell! I'll buy it just to keep anyone else from having it.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1382

« #3 : October 09, 2018, 02:00:43 PM »

It's definitely a metal punching tool.  When I typed it into google new ones are $ 600.00 plus.  I could not figure out a use for it and I don't have a need for it.  The portable one I have does the job on sheet metal. 

Doc tomorrow I have to go look at a Massage chair that the movers took apart and couldn't figure out how to put back together.  I asked them where they purchased it - they said " The Dump in Texas "
Eyebrow raising name for a store - have you seen what kind of quality goods this store has  ?
SA
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4481

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #4 : October 09, 2018, 03:42:17 PM »

I've been to The Dump. Their name is meant to imply that hundreds of high end manufacturers have "dumped" all their excess inventory on them for immediate liquidation.

PRICES SLASHED!!
EVERYTHING MUST GO!!
FAMOUS BRANDS FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR!!

It's one of those "bait and switch" superstores. They advertise $5K furniture for a mere fraction of the price. But all too often, the furniture is cheap junk that has been falsely marked up so they can mark it back down to what it's really worth in the first place. They are one of the best at tricking people into believing that they're saving thousands.

And they have a lot of "decoy" furniture. Nice looking stuff with a big price tag that has been greatly reduced. BUT there is only 1 to choose from (and the color is usually ugly as hell). So the customer gets diverted over to something more expensive.

I've repaired stuff from The Dump. The quality usually ranges from mediocre to poor.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines