UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2019, 06:19:23 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  tete a tete loveseat
« previous next »
: [1]
: tete a tete loveseat  ( 89 )
gene
YaBB God

: 3129

« : February 25, 2019, 08:13:30 PM »

A friend has an old tete a tete loveseat. I had never heard of this before she mentioned she had it. She wants to give it to me. My thought would be to put all new foam, cotton, etc., cover in musin, then give a price that would include the loveseat and my labor to reupholster. The customer would provide the fabric.

The only value I see is that it is unique. Unique also can be a negative. Anyone have any experience with this type of loveseat? Any issues with reupholstering? Any thoughts on my idea to sell it?

The sides slide around to the back.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tete+a+tete+loveseat&rlz=1C2AWFC_enUS783US785&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=us1ada4PzEqD_M%253A%252CaGVI-An_evRSlM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kS7vKxFRJGJOpyTmgsC0S9iVpLGgw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjk1bOwnNjgAhUhm-AKHQxEC4wQ9QEwAXoECAUQFQ&biw=1164&bih=560#imgrc=eJnT-ud6RQUIHM:

Thanks,

Gene
« : February 25, 2019, 08:15:29 PM gene »

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
kodydog
YaBB God

: 3116

North Central Florida

« #1 : February 25, 2019, 09:26:01 PM »

Can't say I've ever seen one much less worked on one. As far as resale, it would take a unique person with a unique house to purchase one.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
MinUph
YaBB God

: 2209

Mainly furniture. Tarpon Springs Fl.

« #2 : February 25, 2019, 09:28:07 PM »

Never saw one of these Gene, but it is different. I like the movement. It makes it dual purpose. I don't think there would be any unique issues upholstering it except for the obvious backs being curved like they are but not a huge issue. Fitting takes care of that. Their must be a mechanism that would allow it to be a knock down so it should be pretty easily reupholstered. It would need to be shown in the right place to sell for a good price for you. 2500 is not bad if sold without reupholstery. Add the Reup price would bring it closer to 3.5 - 4 k. Worth it for both sides.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website
SteveA
YaBB God

: 1515

« #3 : February 26, 2019, 06:25:25 AM »

When I was dating my Wife my future FIL made me sit in their tete a tete -and he added if I move one inch he'll clobber me. 
Seriously - these are used at ping pong tournaments - 
SA
65Buick
YaBB God

: 649

« #4 : February 26, 2019, 09:39:50 PM »

I second what Paul said. That's a rare piece and there are people out there who would love to have an original. Definitely worth it, in my area. Can't say for yours.
Darren Henry
YaBB God

: 5644

some days are better than others

« #5 : March 16, 2019, 12:04:27 PM »

I too think they are very unique and very cool. I've always wanted to make one with the big "S"back and very Victorian. The first one I say (pictures of, sadly) was actually a three seater out of an old hotel lobby. [wink] Think pinwheel [wink]. Every body got a seat without being "sitting with someone" on a small piece of furniture.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines