UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2019, 01:28:31 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Trundle Bed History - Anyone know?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Trundle Bed History - Anyone know?  ( 72 )
baileyuph

: 294

« : July 07, 2019, 08:33:25 AM »

Customer brought me a relatively new trundle bed - for somewhat major wood repair - trundle was
the name applied by him. 

On initial inspection it was fully upholstered and would appear as a (maybe) love seat because it
was very formal and upholstered in a tufted diamond back pattern around the three inside parts (inside back & two arms).  The bottom area was made with a large cushion giving it a more traditional look.  He
explained it was actually a somewhat formal sitting area by day and by night more as a two level
bed, in that the lower level - almost sitting on floor was the lower level bed.  This level could be
rolled out (had very small wheels).  It was perfect for extra bedding in a smaller house/room.

Anyway, somehow it had frame breakage - the upholstered arms, and deck of the main level (12
slats were cut - with new/stronger lumber.  Joinery on the corners was angled with dowels. 
All this accomplishment required removing the fancy diamond tufting in arms and inside back.

This wasn't an antique, but referenced "trundle furniture" reproduction.  He said it was still made new-
on the expensive side.  Understandable as it serves as two available beds (night time) and
as a very formal love seat (daytime).  Not so easily seen, was 12 slats supporting the top level cushion or bed as described.

This was my first encounter with such furniture term (I think). 
Would like to hear if any have background information on such?  Country developed and used widely?

Different?  Got it repaired and went back to work on my boat covers.

Doyle
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines