UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2019, 01:15:13 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Reupholstery - given the new frames?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Reupholstery - given the new frames?  ( 63 )
baileyuph

: 294

« : July 29, 2019, 07:43:27 AM »

Had a job where the sofa frame was poking through the upholstery.  This was a new piece of
furniture.  After removing considerable upholstery I noted there was no glue used in the framing
which was mostly particle wood.

The legs were made of plastic - a screw on type.

The frame was literally broken in 3 or 4 places. 

Being new the request still wanted a fix.

I also noticed the particle wood pieces were not glued or screwed where joined.  Instead the

particle wood had slots cut to accommodate the wood joins - designed to slip on member, then

rotate 90 degrees then a large construction staple to finish the join (particle wood was split in

most cases).

Sure don't build furniture like the old days?  Which means what for the future in reupholstery?

Obviously, the stuff can be built way much cheaper this way -- and it will be bought!

Doyle   
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines