UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2018, 04:51:39 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Exotics
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Exotics  ( 5215 )
69Mach1

« #15 : September 25, 2009, 09:55:28 PM »

Stitcher,
  Where are you getting that line from?
stitcher

: 228

Those that CAN DO Stitch !

« #16 : September 26, 2009, 06:15:20 PM »

The cover is made of NUVTEX VINYL and I purchased it from Three Rivers Supply, Co.  Homestead, PA  412.462.3900

The foam I use on Chopper seats is from Smooth-On Corp.  http://www.smooth-on.com/Rigid-and-Flexible/c10_1121/index.html I use a 2 part chemical mix  either 5lb or 10lb density.  I pour the foam over the pan and start carving away.  It is more work but it works Great!

And yes I use a plastic slipping agent over the foam to slide the cover on, on most seats.

Stitcher  ;)

hdflame
Administrator
YaBB God

: 1507

"Quality is not expensive, it's PRICELESS!"

« #17 : September 27, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »

I noticed they had 4 different kinds of expansion foam and each one was available in 3, 5, 10 and 25 pound densities.  Which one of these do you use?
•FlexFoam-iT!® III - 1A:2B by volume - approx. 18X expansion
•FlexFoam-iT!® V - 1A:1B by volume - approx. 10X expansion
•FlexFoam-iT!® X - 1A:1B by volume - approx. 6X expansion
•FlexFoam-iT!® 25 - 1A:2B by weight - approx. 2X expansion

Also, what do you use to shape it?  Thanks!

The cover is made of NUVTEX VINYL and I purchased it from Three Rivers Supply, Co.  Homestead, PA  412.462.3900

The foam I use on Chopper seats is from Smooth-On Corp.  http://www.smooth-on.com/Rigid-and-Flexible/c10_1121/index.html I use a 2 part chemical mix  either 5lb or 10lb density.  I pour the foam over the pan and start carving away.  It is more work but it works Great!

And yes I use a plastic slipping agent over the foam to slide the cover on, on most seats.

Stitcher  ;)

Hey Stitcher,

Great site!  That Smooth-On site is really interesting.  I watched one of their videos of someone duplicating a bust.  I could see that stuff being used in a lot of interesting ways.

I noticed they had 4 different kinds of expansion foam and each one was available in 3, 5, 10 and 25 pound densities.  Which one of these do you use?
•FlexFoam-iT!® III - 1A:2B by volume - approx. 18X expansion
•FlexFoam-iT!® V - 1A:1B by volume - approx. 10X expansion
•FlexFoam-iT!® X - 1A:1B by volume - approx. 6X expansion
•FlexFoam-iT!® 25 - 1A:2B by weight - approx. 2X expansion

Also, what do you use to shape it, and what is plastic slipping agent ?  Thanks!

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)
UpholsteryJournal

« #18 : September 28, 2009, 02:50:09 PM »

Just had some new exotic, animal-inspired vinyls come across my desk:

Antigua and Serengeti from Boltaflex by Omnova. Antigua has a crocodile-embossed pattern and Serengeti is ostrich-embossed. Both are marine-grade. They're made with environmentally-conscious materials too, if that adds any value for your customer.  http://www.omnova.com/products/contractUpholstery/new_designs.aspx.

Also, the Celebrity line from Silver State has lots of snakeskin patterns, including rattler and scorpion! Kinda neat. They say it's "moisture and mildew repellent," but I'm not sure if it would be suitable for marine use.  http://www.silverstatefabrics.com/index.php?p_matter=items&p_item_collection=Celebrity%20-%20Faux%20Leather

Maybe that helps...

Kelly Frush
stitcher

: 228

Those that CAN DO Stitch !

« #19 : September 28, 2009, 04:47:18 PM »

I use the V and X pound densities

Cool Thanks Kelly I will have to check them out

Stitcher

Miami Mike

: 368

« #20 : September 28, 2009, 05:52:18 PM »

Nuvtex vinyl's. They get the job done. Nice working vinyl too.  Stitcher that seat turned out great. We offer several Nuvtex vinyl's.

Specialty & Prints

http://www.miamicorp.com/default.aspx?page=customer&file=customer/micorp/customerpages/samples.htm

Foams for bike seats. Ask for a sample of the V400 or V625. Great base foams.

V400>FOAM, AQUA CELL V400 1" X 48" X 64"
V40034>FOAM, AQUA CELL V400 3/4" X 48" X 64"
V625>FOAM, AQUA CELL V625 1" X 42" X 56"

WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna
Exotic Leather

: 39

Supplier of Exotic Leather, Vinyl, and suede

« #21 : February 17, 2011, 02:17:15 AM »

Nuvtex vinyl's. They get the job done. Nice working vinyl too.  Stitcher that seat turned out great.

We have that Nuvtex as well, www.nuvtex.com.  It will perform at marine grade applications nicely.

Excellent Service & Pricing on Exotic Leather, and Vinyl.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines