UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 06:36:51 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Anybody using one of these?
« previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
: Anybody using one of these?  ( 16164 )
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4300

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #60 : July 01, 2012, 10:08:34 PM »

Gene: I talked earlier in this thread (2 years ago) about a pair of tile nippers that I modified with a little filing.
If stripping furniture were an olympic event, and the rules stated that you could only use ONE tool, I would use my modified tile nippers, and I promise that I would bring home the gold for the good ole' USA. (insert smiley dressed in "Uncle Sam" garb here).

The nippers that I use are very similar to yours, except they have a wider mouth. They can grab more. And after dulling the edges with a file, they will grab even the slightest protruding staple and pull it out without cutting it.
And when used in conjunction with a Berry's or Osborne, yes I use the tile nippers to hammer with. I don't care if it hairlips the guvner.

I've found the stripbit and the air chisel to be usefull only in special situations.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
gene
YaBB God

: 2909

« #61 : July 03, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »

I probably got the idea for these nippers from you, sofadoc.

I'm going to look for a pair with a wider mouth. I can see how they would grab more but have a lot more torque.

gene

"...hairlips the guvner." LOL This sounds politically incorrect. LOL

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
sofadoc
YaBB God

: 4300

All types of upholstery.....except cars and boats.

« #62 : July 03, 2012, 08:16:21 PM »

I'm going to look for a pair with a wider mouth.

Here's the ones that I use:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5/R-100033894/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

They do require a little modifying with a file. You have to file away the tits that prevent the blade edges from coming together. Then dull the edges with a file so they will grab a staple without cutting it. Eventually, the hand grips loosen up and slide off easily. A little Gorilla glue takes care of that.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban
gene
YaBB God

: 2909

« #63 : November 28, 2012, 07:13:22 PM »

Back on topic.

Someone ran an ant trail of staples around the back of a chair, along with hot melt glue, to hold the double welt cord on.

No problem for my strip bit!

Oh - 42 of these chairs to do.

After I made this video I put the cordless drill on the inside of the welt cord and it took the welt cord off with no hesitation.

gene
« : November 28, 2012, 07:15:46 PM gene »

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines