UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 12:54:59 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The jerk around
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: The jerk around  ( 5874 )
hdflame
Administrator
YaBB God

: 1507

"Quality is not expensive, it's PRICELESS!"

« #15 : June 16, 2010, 09:13:26 PM »

Nice looking top Mike. ;)

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)
JuneC
YaBB God

: 3996

« #16 : June 16, 2010, 10:10:01 PM »

he just picked it apart. and  at the last brought up the time frame issue.

He needs his head examined.  There's not a canvas maker out there that could've done a better job.  Great looking top and enclosure.

June

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields
baileyuph

« #17 : June 17, 2010, 07:18:56 AM »

Dumb question here;

What is the function of the enclosure in this heat, my thinking is the vessel isn't airconditioned?

During warm months, is the function of the enclosure to protect the interior from whatever?  The top is more easy to understand, provides shade.  Also, an enclosure with zips, during winter appears logical.

Nice work Mike, it exudes professionalism.  Just the magnitude of the work would require a few dollars, but from the looks of those homes, they have it.  Or put up a pretty good front.

How many hours to do a job like that?  One person 4 or 5 days, from beginning to installed?

Doyle

Mike8560

« #18 : June 17, 2010, 10:37:25 AM »

thanks all Doyle it was 32 hours about from pattern to the last snap.  naturally when its hot the windows would be off or just thwe screens open.
PDQ

: 180

« #19 : June 17, 2010, 11:47:24 AM »

thanks all Doyle it was 32 hours about from pattern to the last snap.  naturally when its hot the windows would be off or just thwe screens open.

That's pretty damn quick for a one man op, Mike.  :o

I don't suppose you could break down (roughly) the man hours for each process (Pattern, cut, machine & fitting) for us non aliens?

Nice work, BTW. :tup:

regalman190
YaBB God

: 723

Custom Marine Canvas Rochester, NY

« #20 : June 17, 2010, 12:16:23 PM »

Looks great Mike.  8)

Regal Canvas
hdflame
Administrator
YaBB God

: 1507

"Quality is not expensive, it's PRICELESS!"

« #21 : June 18, 2010, 06:51:40 AM »

Hey Mike,

Just curious, which HTML tag do you use when you post your pics?  I get sick of fighting the pop-ups on Photobucket! ???

Guess I can't complain too much about something that's free!

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)
Mike8560

« #22 : June 24, 2010, 06:12:55 PM »

Actualy my brother helped with the patterning a couple windows and the install.

The code Bobby is the thumbnail code but June taught me if you eleiminate the code front the = to the ? The pics open lke mine do.  Much faster and better credit goese to her.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines