UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 09:56:30 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Finishing off coil zips.
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Finishing off coil zips.  ( 5182 )
hdflame
Administrator
YaBB God

: 1507

"Quality is not expensive, it's PRICELESS!"

« #15 : June 16, 2010, 09:47:56 PM »

the melted tooth thing? what you do is snip off one or two teeth from some scrap zipper tape. then push them into the teeth at the end of the good zipper then take your hotknife and melt the sides welding the teeth inplace. I can take a pic tomorow   if you like?

Sorry, I was too vague.  I meant the first one that YOU do!
"I cut a strip of matching 3/4" binding and wrap the end I learned this from some OEM cover i installed for a dealor years ago i stuck with it."

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)
Mike8560

« #16 : June 16, 2010, 09:48:48 PM »

ok ill get a shot tomorow
fragged8
Global Moderator
YaBB God

: 2140

I didn't do it nobody saw me do it , prove it !!

« #17 : June 17, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »

hiya

almost all the guys here bind the zipper end, normally
using the material the top is made from

i do this occasionally, theres no way that slider is coming off  ;D

hidebound

: 74

« #18 : June 17, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »

Thanks for the pics fragged. I wasnt sure what you meant. I learn more on this forum than I can retain. I havent done zippers yet but when I do Ill try to at least remember that there is something about it here.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines